Providence is calling a Physical Therapist - Home Health East Portland (1.0 FTE, Days) to Providence Office Park Portland in Portland, OR
We are seeking a Physical Therapist - Home Health East Portland to manage and provide skilled physical therapy to patients/clients with a wide variety of diagnoses and disabilities in a home setting in accordance with a physician plan of treatment, taking into account individual patient special or age related needs. Requires skills in patient/client evaluation and treatment, as well as professional consultations to achieve maximum patient/client independence in accordance with the individualâs functional level and potential.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Assess patients
- Plan and administer medically prescribed physical therapy treatment programs for patients to restore function, relieve pain, and prevent disability following disease, injury, or loss of body part
- Complete comprehensive physical assessments and identifies need for referral to additional appropriate clinical disciplines
- Perform patient tests, measurements, and evaluations such as range-of-motion and manual muscle tests, gain and functional analysis, and body-part measurements
- Record and evaluate tests, measurements, and evaluations to aid in establishing or revising specifics of treatment programs
- Administer manual therapeutic exercises to improve or maintain muscle function
- Instruct, motivate, and assist patients in non-manual exercises, such as isometric and progressive-resistive exercises; and in functional activities, using weights, pulleys, exercise machines, amts, steps, and assistive and supportive devices such as crutches, canes, parallel bars, and prostheses
- Administer treatments involving applications of physical agents such as heat/cold, massage and other modalities under a physicianâs order
- Confer with physician and other health practitioners to obtain additional patient information, suggest revision in treatment programs, and integrate physical therapy with other aspects of patient health care
- Instruct patient and family in physical therapy procedures to be continued at home
- Supervise licensed physical therapy assistants and aides
Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Bachelor's Degree -OR- Master's Degree -OR- Doctor of Physical Therapy From an accredited Physical Therapy Program
- Current Physical Therapy licensure through the State of Oregon, or temporary license if new graduate awaiting licensing exam results
- Current AHA-BLS (Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider) or ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) required within 30 days of hire
- Valid driver license
- Reliable transportation
- Driving record consistent with GOP Safe Driving Policy 330 Incident Point Matrix at time of hire required.
- One (1) year clinical experience in Home Health or healthcare setting, or active enrollment in the Providence postgraduate preceptor program.
- In compliance with the Providence Health & Services-OR Human Resources policy #302 Background Checks, a criminal background check is required for this position, based on assigned duties
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
“Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time.“
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.