Owner's Engineering Project Manager - Renewable Energy
US-OR-Portland | US-CA-San Diego | US-TX-Austin | US-TX-Katy | US-CA-Oakland | US-WA-Seattle | US-MA-Medford | US-IL-Oak Brook | US-PA-Chalfont
This position may be based in any location in the continental United States, including DNV GL offices or remote (home) office.
Local Unit & Position Description
Does influencing the world for future generations matter to you? Would working within an organizational culture that shares such values be attractive to you? Do you have a strong background in managing solar PV development, engineering and/or design? Then this may be the perfect job for you!
DNV GL – Energy is seeking an Owner’s Engineering (OE) Project Manager to join our multi-disciplinary Engineering group. The OE PM will be responsible for acting as Project Manager on project development and owner’s engineering activities for solar, wind, and energy storage development. This position may be based in any location in the continental United States, including DNV GL offices or remote (home) office.
Tasks May Include
- Act as Project Manager on complex, multi-disciplinary projects, interfacing with Customers, maintaining quality from sales through delivery, and delivering on DNV GL’s comprehensive service offerings from pre-feasibility through to decommissioning
- Responsible for business development activities, identifying opportunities in the local market maintaining the required network of contacts, and providing key market intelligence to help develop services according to the local industry needs
- Support technical advisory services for projects under development, construction and operation, which may include but not limited to technical due diligences, construction monitoring, assessment of the project performance, site inspections and project management
- Technical due diligence for M&A or finance purpose, supply and O&M contract negotiation and review, project schedule and financial model, system design and optimization, energy production estimates, equipment selection, and performance monitoring
- Interface with and motivate project team members from multiple technical disciplines and departments, employing the technical acuity, knowledge, and leadership to effectively communicate scopes and critical project success factors independently
- Prepare and deliver technical reports, presentations and discuss methodologies and results with Customers
- Participate in local and global internal R&D projects related to the renewable energy business
- Typical duties may include managing technical resources performing (or self-performing) renewable energy project preliminary design; design review; site assessment; assessing need for and selling power systems planning and grid interconnection services; energy estimates; technology evaluation and risk assessment; EPC evaluation, selection, and monitoring; detailed system and component modeling; technical report writing; utility interconnection and transmission evaluation; site inspections; contract review of EPC, O&M, and performance guarantees; CapEX and OpEX benchmarking; operations and maintenance review; financial modeling and review; regulatory compliance; construction monitoring; equipment commissioning and testing and travel to client and remote sites
- Responsible for multiple client interactions, including scoping, status reporting, and discussion and review of project deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in renewable energy
- Project management experience required
- PMP certification a plus
- Understanding of general solar, wind, and energy storage technology components
- Understanding of Engineering Procurement & Construction (EPC), Operations & Maintenance (O&M), Power Purchase Agreement (PPA), and other contracts (e.g. interconnection)
- Strong skills in CapEX and OpEX development, project budgets and financial models
- Solid knowledge of solar development; onshore wind; energy storage procurement processes, and overall development life cycles (including interrelationships between various development activities)
- Understanding of project acceptance tests and commissioning procedures
- Self-starter, quick learner, takes initiative and ownership for all active projects
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 20% of the time, domestic and international
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
- Previous experience directly developing wind and/or solar projects
- Significant experience with energy storage development, design and engineering
- Familiarity with energy assessment methodology and approach
- Lead and support independent qualitative and quantitative analysis
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: