When you join Daimler, you become a brand ambassador for a diverse global network of over 250,000 committed employees on 6 continents. Our employees drive the future of innovation in each of our world-class brands, including Freightliner trucks, Western Star trucks, Detroit™ engines and components, Thomas Built Buses, and Freightliner Custom Chassis.
Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) is the undisputed leader in the commercial vehicle market. We are elevating the industry by setting the bar for quality and execution. Our DTNA employees are empowered to drive the Technology Revolution through our innovative products and customer-focused culture. Our dedication to our customers does not stop once our products hit the road. We immerse ourselves in the customers’ experience and what drives their business toward the future.
Daimler. One Team. Best Team.
Driven to connect our world. Apply today!
- Perform maintenance, repair and fabrication based on shop work orders, preventative work orders preventative maintenance and follow with effective use of Infor Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) to process work orders and adjust PM procedures based on equipment performance
- Safely install motors, machinery and equipment according to layouts, schematics and drawings using hoists, lift trucks, hand and power tools, lasers, squares, levels, rulers, micrometers, etc.
- Interpret electrical, pneumatic, HVAC and hydraulic diagrams and troubleshoot plant equipment using Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) systems.
- Understand problem solving and process improvement.
- Develop, modify and work on robots and end effectors.
- Provide training to peers
- Alignment of fan/motor sheaves and perform vibration analysis and fan balancing
• High school diploma (or equivalent) required
• Oregon Master Maintenance Mechanic Certification or Millwright Certification required
• Experience (4 years) in repair and maintenance with effective practical background in electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, HVAC and adhesive application systems required
• Experienced in the use of a Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) required
• Previous use of Microsoft Office programs required
• Understand and use practical problem solving methodology required
• An attached resume is required
• Limited Maintenance Electrician (LME) license is preferred
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application.
- Pay rate: $32.90/hr.
- Shift: Swing 3:00pm-11:30pm (Overtime available)
- Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
For an accommodation or special assistance with applying for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at 503-745-8982 or toll free 800-206-3369. For TTY/TDD enabled call 503-745-2137 or toll free 866-355-6935.