Vigor expects all employees to enhance the atmosphere in which they work by living the Vigor Values every day.
Truth: We seek the truth, and we speak the truth
Responsibility: We act on what we know is right
Evolution: We seek mastery, and adapt to a changing world
Love: We care about the people we work with, and the world we live in Vigor Alaska operates the
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Successfully performs work individually, as a member of a single craft, or a multi-craft work crew.
- Complies with all craft and shipyard safety and environmental measures.
- Tests equipment.
- Proper care and safe use of hand and power tools.
- Works from ship specifications, work orders and applicable working drawings and blueprints.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Incumbent performs similar work in all areas of the Yard as the need arises.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to do basic math, i.e. add, subtract, divide and multiply.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
- Advanced knowledge of AC and DC electrical theory.
- Power generation, control and distribution.
- Use of test equipment.
- Blueprint reading and advanced layout.
- Electric motors and controls.
- Grounding and bonding.
- Cable identification, size requirements and ampacity limits or where to find the information.
- Fabrication and installation of packing tubes, multiple cable transits, collars, conduit, and raceways.
- Conduit bending.
- Interior communications and alarms.
- Ability to reason and find solutions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED and studies that indicate basic skills in production, manufacturing or mechanical repair. Or any combination of education and directly applicable work experience and/or proven skills in the trade.
Proficient in both Fire Watch and general clean up. Grinds pipe and structural steel under the direction of a Journey Level employee or Supervisor. Pulls leads and/or cable as directed. May also perform Fire Watch related duties. To progress to the next level they must have three (3) basic Ship Repair Skills and acquire three more.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Four hour fire watch certification, must be obtained within 30 days of hire.
- HAZWOPER - First Responder Awareness Level
Sitting, Standing, Walking, Crouching, Kneeling/Crawling, Stooping, Twisting, Climbing, Balancing Leg/Foot Use (To repetitively operate machine controls), Reaching, Handling/Grasping,Fingering/Feeling, Pushing/Pulling, Lifting/Carrying, and other similar physical demands,Talking, Hearing.
Vision Near Acuity (clarity of vision at 20 inches or less)
Far Acuity (clarity of vision at 20 feet or more)
Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision to judge distance/ spatial relationships)
Color Vision (if required to distinguish colors for job performance or safety)
Field of Vision (if required to observe a large field of vision while keeping eye fixed on a given point for job performance or safety), and Smell.
Interaction/communication with others, Works alone/independently, May direct/supervise others according to level of position, ability to perform repetitive work, attention to detail, and flexibility and adaptability.
- Works indoors: in areas exposed to external weather conditions
- Works outdoors: in all types of weather.
- Uses safety equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vigor and its wholly owned subsidiaries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veterans, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vigor complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, benefits, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.