HydroExtrusions is a world-leading aluminium extrusion business counting around 100 production sites in 40 countries and employing 20,000 people. Through our unique combination of local expertise, global network, and unmatched R&D capabilities, we can offer everything from standards profiles, to advanced development and manufacturing for most industries.Since 1905, Hydro has turned natural resources into valuable products for people and businesses with focus on a safe and good workplace for our 30,000 employees in more than 140 locations.
Hydro is committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future and in doing so, creating more viable societies by developing natural resources into products and solutions in innovative and efficient ways to industries that matter.
Job Location: Portland, OR
Job Summary: Responsible for the supervision of the day to day activities of the assigned shift and employees to ensure shift operates in the most cost effective and safe manner. Directs and coordinates shift operations to obtain optimum use of equipment, facilities and personnel (40-60 employees)
Hydro employees can enjoy several benefits including:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
- Education Assistance
- Bonus Plan Eligibility
- Parental Leave
- Supervises day to day operations for assigned shift including rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing and resolving complaints and problems
- Supervises the productivity of the department through reviewing schedules and staffing requirements
- Identifies, manages and reports on material inventory
- Complies with all company safety guidelines through proper handling of materials, ensuring housekeeping standards are kept, and verifying all equipment is operating correctly. Immediately reports safety improvements, observed hazards and injuries
- Enforces compliance with administrative policies, procedures, safety rules and governmental regulations
- Ensures safety and production meetings are held and training records updated
- Daily reviewing and approving of time records and overtime
- Inventory control
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Previous industrial coatings experience
- Minimum one to three years of experience leading a manufacturing team
- Computer software and programs: Axapta, MS Office, IMS
- Must be able to read and comprehend policies, quality management system procedures and other plant procedures
At Hydro youre part of a bigger story. A story shaped by you.
Hydro in North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.
If you need an accommodation in order to complete the application, please let us know by completing the form belowor by calling +1 (412) 643-3602.