At KPA (www.kpaonline.com) we are passionate about what we do, how we do and why we do it. Our culture is driven by the KPA core values – Excellence, Agility and Teamwork. Success will be determined by the capabilities, energy and character of the people we bring into our organization and the performance they achieve.
Come join our team of talented professionals and work with a company that appreciates and rewards people who make a difference.
KPA is looking for an experienced and skilled Key Account Manager to oversee the relationships of the company with its most important clients.
The primary role of the Key Account Manager is to build and nurture loyal, long-lasting relationships with each of KPA’s highest value clients. You will do this by positioning yourself as a dedicated resource for key accounts, committed to helping clients solve their problems, realize their business goals, and achieve success. You will use your strategic social selling skills to educate clients on the benefits and value of KPA solutions. The Key Account Manager is the go-to business sponsor responsible for ensuring the continued satisfaction and growth of KPA’s most valuable client relationships.
This is a challenging, exciting role that will test your collaboration and networking skills, strategic thinking capabilities, and resilience.
More specifically, you will:
- Acquire a thorough understanding of key client needs and requirements and develop trusting relationships to ensure they do not turn to the competition;
- Build account plans for your named accounts to understand key decision makers, org charts, current KPA investment, product utilization and new revenue opportunity;
- Run a quarterly business review with all your key clients to understand their key company initiatives, review product utilization, provide key updates on KPA and our expanding portfolio of solutions;
- Grow the revenue from key accounts through upsell on renewals and by identifying and closing new business contracts on solutions that help to meet their corporate initiatives;
- Ensure the correct products and services are delivered to clients in a timely manner;
- Serve as the primary link of communication between key clients and internal KPA teams;
- Resolve any issues and problems faced by clients and deal with complaints to maintain client satisfaction and trust;
- Communicate with the Executive and the Product team about what you are hearing from the market and, when appropriate, push the organization to think about what we need to develop to stay competitive;
- Use Salesforce.com every day for tracking activities and, most importantly, forecasting;
- Spend minimum of 3 days/week in customer-facing activities and meetings.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of experience successfully growing and managing Enterprise accounts in an expansion, net new and renewal environment;
- 5+ years in quota carrying roles selling SaaS solutions, and preferably EHS products and services in a complex environment;
- Demonstrable track record of consistently reaching and/or exceeding goals;
- Proven ability to develop and execute on account strategy plans, structure complex deals, manage multiple strategic relationships and develop business to support growth;
- Experience selling, presenting to and influencing EVPs, C-Level clients and end-users (in the same sales cycle) in both individual and team sale environments;
- Superior strategic and negotiating skills with an ability to present complex topics in a way that is simple and easy to understand;
- Strong intellectual curiosity to uncover why buyers will buy and how to leverage that information;
- Highly effective communication skills that convey professionalism in all written, verbal, and virtual meetings;
- Proficiency working with Salesforce.com, MS Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Positive attitude and a team player.
As a part of the interview process candidates may be asked to provide examples of account plans and written communication, and to deliver virtual and live presentations to assess certain qualities to help evaluate a candidate’s potential match for the position.
KPA is a proven SaaS technology and services partner for corporate compliance and human resource professionals seeking opportunities to raise productivity, control expense, and mitigate financial and reputational risk via business process automation, improved safety and workplace compliance, and better HR practices. With KPA’s proven portfolio of end-to-end solutions and operational best practice clients can unlock opportunities to drive down costs, mitigate risk, and enhance the employee experience at a lower cost than clients can achieve internally.
Founded in 1986, KPA is owned by Providence Equity Partners, a top-tier private-equity company, and is focused on delivering SaaS solutions to the small and mid-size business (“SMB”) markets. KPA is a major competitor in a fragmented $4B market with significant “tail wind” of 10% annual market growth.
As a growing company KPA values its employees by supporting them with a full benefits package including:
- Medical (both PPO and HSA plans available)
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) match
- Life Insurance
- Short and long term disability insurance