When you join Daimler, you become an agent of change within our global community of people working to create a cleaner, safer, and more efficient world for today and tomorrow. Through innovation at all levels, our teams ensure our world-changing brands continue to increase the quality of life and the business success of our customers, their customers, and the world around them. The Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) brand portfolio is second to none, and includes Freightliner Trucks, Western Star Trucks, Detroit engines and components, Thomas Built Buses and Freightliner Custom Chassis.
We are the undisputed leader in the commercial vehicle market and the industry’s technology trendsetter. Empowered by purpose, DTNA employees drive a Technology Revolution through innovative products and a customer-centric culture. Our dedication to our customers and society does not end once our products hit the road. That’s because we believe that business success and social responsibility go hand in hand. We immerse ourselves in our customer’s experience, and support the environmental responsibilities of our sites to ensure our products are the reliable, sustainable and the desired tools of the future!
Employee will be responsible for general cleaning of the plant, emptying trash, recycle, and safely cleaning up spills.
Support initiatives related to regulatory compliance.
• Stripping paint booths.
• Handling and disposing of hazardous waste generated by the truck manufacturing process.
• Driving a forklift.
• Adherence to all safety standards.
• Advise Team Leader of any safety or quality issues.
• Adherence to 5S (Sort, Set, Sweep, Standardize, Sustain) work standards.
• Provide continuous improvement recommendations to demonstrate the will to succeed at such initiatives.
• Perform duties applicable to your work team.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
• Assist other team members as needed.
• Be able to read, write and use a computer.
• Utilize tools in correct manner in assigned work team.
• Reduce waste in work area.
• Participate in huddle team meetings (Bullets).
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Attached resume required.
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time is required.
• Ability to lift 75lbs is required.
• One year experience is preferred.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application
- Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
• Hourly wage is $15.00
• Membership with the Union is required
• Competitive benefits available
For an accommodation or special assistance with applying for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at 503-745-8982 or toll free 800-206-3369. For TTY/TDD enabled call 503-745-2137 or toll free 866-355-6935.