Company Name: Fred Meyer
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Assist customers, sell Health and Beauty Aids and Candy products, and maintain displays. Role model and demonstrate the Company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of self and others.
Fred Meyer also requires that all associates perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
Essential Job Functions:
- Model “Customer 1st“ behavior; deliver and encourage other associates to deliver excellent customer service
- Provide customer service
- Perform duties as listed on daily tour sheet
- Actively sell Health and Beauty Aids (HBA)/Candy products
- Maintain displays and work area between customers, including stocking, restocking, and cleaning
- Promote and follow Company initiatives
- Maintain state and company health and safety standards
- Perform closing functions
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Less than high school education or up to one month related experience or training; or combination of relevant education and experience.
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Ability to pass drug test
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work weekends on a regular basis and overtime as needed
- Ability to organize/prioritize variety of tasks/projects
- Familiarity with food service terms and processes
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Knowledge of Fred Meyer policies, procedures, and organizational structure
- Six months customer service experience
- Familiarity with health/beauty aids and candy products
- High school diploma/General Education Degree (GED)
- Related retail experience
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Jobs at Fred Meyer: Based in Portland, Oregon with over 130 stores throughout Oregon, Washington, Idaho & Alaska, Fred Meyer offers one-stop shopping with store employment opportunities in apparel, home, food, pharmacy and home electronics as well as opportunities in our division office in merchandise and product development, store operations, customer communications, public affairs, food and pharmacy. We are always searching for individuals who share our passion for service, leadership, honesty and diversity. Whether you like working with people, numbers or ideas, you can find a home at Fred Meyer. And with stores and offices across the Pacific Northwest, we have opportunities for talented individuals if you prefer to be closer to the mountains, ocean, or city.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: OR || Portland || 7404 N Interstate Ave || 97217 || Fred Meyer || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None