Full Time Home Health Licensed Practical Nurse (51443)
I believe that better care begins at home.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care.
As a Home Health LPN, you will:
- Provide professional nursing services under the direction of a RN in compliance with the state's Nurse Practice Act, any applicable licensure/certification requirement, applicable healthcare standards, governmental laws and regulations, and Gentiva Health Services policies and procedures.
- Provide skilled nursing interventions in the treatment of the patient/clients illness, rehabilitative needs and preventative care. Utilize a holistic approach in the provision of problem specific therapeutic interventions, teaching and training activities in accordance with the plan of care.
- Apply knowledge and skills in accordance with accepted standards of clinical practice to facilitate problem resolution and achieve individualized patient goals and outcomes.
- Confer with the RN Supervisor regarding needed changes in the Plan of Treatment. Accept verbal orders from physician were permitted by state law/regulations/Nurse Practice Act and communicate these orders to the RN Supervisor.
- Utilize a systematic, individualized goal/outcome driven approach in implementing the nursing plan of care.
- Maintain contact with patients, physicians, clinical manager(s), other members of the healthcare team in a timely manner regarding patient/family needs and status changes. Participate in care coordination activities and discharge planning as appropriate.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct in relation to information that is confidential in nature. Share information only when the recipient's right to access is clearly established and the sharing of such information is dearly in the best interests of the patient.
- Appropriately communicate to ensure adherence to professional standards in the provision of and availability of supplies, materials and equipment needed to safely and effectively implement the plan of care.
- Prepare, submit and maintain documentation as required by the Company and/or facility. Visit/shift notes documented on day services are rendered.
- Graduate of an accredited Licensed Practical Nursing Program or accredited School of Vocational Nursing.
- Current nursing license in the practicing state.
- Valid drivers license, auto insurance and reliable transportation.
- Current CPR certification.
- Two years experience as an LPN/LVN in a clinical setting, preferably in a home health or hospice setting.
Keywords: ACLS, ANA, Acute care, Admissions Nurse, Admission Nurse, cardio nurse, cardio LPN, cardio LVN, cardiac nurse, cardiac LPN, cardiac LVN, case management, case manager, clinical, clinic, critical care, ER, Emergency Room, Healthcare, health care, Homecare, home care, home health, homehealth, home health nurse, homecare nurse, home care nurse, home health LPN, home health LVN, homecare LPN, homecare LVN, home care LPN, home care LVN, hospice nurse, hospice LPN, hospice LVN, hospital, ICU, intensive care unit, LPN, LVN, L.P.N., L.V.N., license practical nurse, licensed practical nurse, license vocational nurse, licensed vocational nurse, medical, medical care
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.