About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2017. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please click here for more information.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
About Forensic & Litigation Consulting
The Forensic and Litigation Consulting practice at FTI Consulting provides multidisciplinary, independent dispute advisory, investigative, data acquisition/analysis and forensic accounting services to the global business and legal community. Our team supports clients facing high stakes litigation, arbitration and compliance investigations, and regulatory scrutiny.
About The Opportunity:
FTI seeks professionals who can apply a combination of business, analytical, economic, financial, statistical and data science techniques and investigative skills to the complex, high stakes disputes and investigations facing our clients. Public accounting, litigation consulting, and/or business valuation experience a plus. Responsibilities include providing forensic accounting analysis, statistical and other analytical skills to various client situations. This is an excellent opportunity to become a player in the historic changes taking place in the disputes and investigations profession and corporate America.
- Supervises and performs day-to-day activities in support of forensic and litigation consulting projects including interaction with client personnel, other team members, and professionals from other firms involved in the engagement.
- Performs technical, industry, and company research utilizing economic, financial, statistical and data science tools, other online tools and publicly available information including economic and financial data sets, develops work plans and executes economic, financial, statistical and other relevant analyses to assess complex economic and financial questions, assists in preparing reports and schedules summarizing findings that will be delivered to clients and other parties.
- Applies accounting, financial, valuation, economic, statistical and other analytical skills to various client situations and practice disciplines, such as detailed reviews of financial statements and underlying accounting records, investigations of “big data“ sets, sophisticated regression analyses using large data sets including data cleaning and organization, preparation of complex cash flow projections, and preparation of worksheets to model business processes.
- Organizes information to facilitate effective data access and analysis.
- Supervises more junior team members' analyses.
- Maintains detailed working paper records reflecting assumptions, methodologies, and sources of information employed during the performance of all analytical tasks.
- Delivers a high-quality product within established timeframes and budgets.
- Prepares written analyses and other reports for third parties, as necessary, on the project scope and/or results of activities. Prepares presentations and quantitative exhibits for third parties on the project scope and findings.
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with client personnel.
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in accounting, finance, economics, mathematics, data science, statistics or related field
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- Five to eight years of finance, accounting, data science or business analyst experience.
- CPA, ABV, CFF, CFA, CFE, ASA, CVA or other professional designation.
- Proficient in the use of at least one programming or scripting language for manipulating large data sets, such as SQL, R, SAS, Stata, Python, or other language
- Strong analytical modeling, technical accounting, finance, or valuation skills.
- Advanced analytical and issue resolution intelligence, problem solving is essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-developed aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, multi-tasked environment.
- Ability to interface with team members and client personnel in demanding, deadline-driven situations.
- Ability and willingness to learn and adapt in an ever-changing environment to meet client needs.
- Ability to manage multiple workflows simultaneously while managing time and budget.
- Prior experience managing teams and the developing others.
- Proficient with PC environments and related software, including Microsoft Office applications, especially advanced skills in Excel.
- Proficient use and analysis of computer models and development of dynamic spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
Position Classification: Exempt
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Citizenship Status Accepted: USA Citizenship
- Exempt or Non-Exempt?: Exempt