Conducts research and analysis to provide design, information, tests risk of business system applications and recommends solutions for effective process, program and/or fiscal decisions of business units.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze data extracts and reports to identify trends and data points. Establish key indicators and solutions for use by management and business unit associates.
- Responsible for consulting with managers in the use of analytical and reporting tools to develop effective cost, quality, operational and customer satisfaction outcomes. May act as a liaison to collaborate with other operating groups to resolve problems or make recommendations for program/process changes.
- Responsible for utilizing data bases and information systems to research and identify areas for improvement and/or new products. Interprets data and makes recommendations.
- Facilitate and/or lead projects to ensure useful and accurate data identification, categorization and definitions that enable metric creation. May have a role in the Business Continuity Plan.
- Develop strategic and tactical analytics that support dashboards, data summaries and key indicators.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of department function(s) and in areas of workflow and system data management.
- Partner with TAG programmers and analysts, external vendors and business partners in the development of advanced/complex reporting capabilities and resolution of issues relating to reporting applications, tools and data.
- Prepare timely and accurate reports utilizing multiple databases and software applications, ensuring consistency, standardization and compliance.
- Day to day actions are focused on administering defined procedures, analyses and report preparation.
- Primary focus is on daily deliverables and defined output, while at the same time developing a knowledge of the broader context in which the work is being performed.
- Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities – knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
- Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding
Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
- May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
- Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words.
- Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
• Embraces our vision to become “The World's Greatest Bank.“
• May perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES None
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelors' degree in business, economics or finance or the equivalent in education and experience required. Masters' degree preferred.
- 4-6 years using any combination of technologies including SSRS(SQL Server Reporting Services), PowerBI, Tableau, Information Builders WebFOCUS, and T-SQL.
- Intermediate knowledge of business analysis, business management data systems,
IT risk management, project management and technical problem resolution.
- Proficient data mining, performance metrics and reporting, vendor management, change management and report writing. Statistical analysis: descriptive statistics and exploratory data analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of banking products, systems, procedures, regulations, business acumen and ability to interpret data to make recommendations for improvements as necessary.
- Ability to work with individuals and teams at all levels across the organization and with external company representatives and vendors. Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Possess technical expertise with automatic data collection and reporting systems, including capacity for program troubleshooting and system controls.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Office environment with no specific or unusual physical demands.
• No travel required.
No relocation offered.
We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40 hours of volunteer time each year, and we're never satisfied with the status quo. It's no wonder we've made “Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For“ eight years in a row. But greatness has no finish line, so we continue every day to keep people at the center of everything we do. We focus on building relationships, understanding our customers' needs and connecting to people in new and innovative ways -- always staying true to our mission of providing personalized banking for all people, whenever and however they prefer to bank.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.