Providence is calling a Community Health Worker 2 - Utilization Review Quality Management (1.0 FTE, Days) to Providence Office Park Portland in Portland, OR.
Due to Covid precautions the position will currently work remotely when not working in the community or supporting patients during their appointments. Our Communinty Health workers typically support patients in specific geographical communities (example would be East Side Portland metro or West Side Portland metro).
We are seeking a Community Health Worker 2 - Utilization Review Quality Management who will serve as a liaison/ link/ intermediary between health/social services and the community to facilitate access to services and improve the quality and cultural competence of service delivery. CHWs also build individual and community capacity by increasing health knowledge and self-sufficiency through a range of activities such as outreach, community education, informal counseling, social support and advocacy (American Public Health Association, 2008). The will also work as part of a care team to effectively address the needs of patients in a collaborative, patient driven manner. The CHW has a good understanding of the various Providence and community based resources and can advise patients on how to best take advantage of these resources. It will support the Proactive Outreach Team (POT) which provides multi-disciplinary, trauma-informed care coordination for high risk, vulnerable Providence Medical Group (PMG) patients and their families. The POT provides short-term, intensive support, advocacy and empowerment. This mobile team of nurses and social workers work to improve primary care access for patients suffering from many combinations of physical and mental health needs, as well as social barriers that impact health. Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist patients in identifying and navigating to and through various health and social resources that will help patients achieve health outcomes
- Work as part of a collaborative care team to achieve optimal quality, cost and patient experience outcomes
- Collaborate with patients, clinical staff cross a variety of areas within Providence, and community partners to empower patients in securing the services and supports they need in a longitudinal model of care
- Record activities in appropriate electronic records to fulfill requirements of measurement, coordination, payment and documentation
- Provide project management to ensure the successful implementation of patient self-screening for health related social needs across appropriate settings of care
- Participate in regular meetings of Community Care Coordinators, and in the CHW Community of Practice
Required qualification for this position includes:
- High School Diploma -OR- equivalent
- Credible experience in project management
- Current Community Health Worker Certification by the State of Oregon
- Current driver's license and reliable personal transportation
- Three (3) years of work experience with healthcare and/or helping professions
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
“Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time.“
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.