For 51 years, Outside In, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), has transformed thousands of lives by helping break the cycles of chronic homelessness, poverty, and poor health among Portland's LGBTQIA+ community, people of color, those experiencing homelessness, and the underserved. Our health clinic and young adult programs strive to meet people where they are and provide safe, affirming spaces for our community to receive judgment-free care and support.
Outside In offers services at nine locations across the Portland Metro Region. Our health clinic serves patients ages 13 to the elderly and provides comprehensive primary care, alternative medicine, behavioral health, and substance use treatment (Learn more at OutsideIn.org).
Outside In has a *NEW* exciting opportunity. Our team is seeking a compassionate and driven Clinic Operations Director to lead our clinic staff in fulfilling the strategic direction of our health services. This person will work closely with Outside In's medical director, a team of managers and supervisors, clinicians, and support staff to offer accessible, trauma informed, harm reduction, and high quality health and wellness services to the most vulnerable populations in the Portland metro area.
The Clinic Operations Director will provide day-to-day leadership and management to ensure the fulfillment and implementation of strategic short and long term plans to ensure accessible, efficient delivery service. The Director leads planning, program design, and operations of Outside In's Integrated Primary Care Clinic and Ancillary programs and strategies.
Outside In values diversity in thought, background and experience. People of color, people with disabilities, women or non-binary candidates, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you're the type of person who….
- Blends big picture leadership thinking with detail-focused organizational skills.
- Considers yourself to be a “people person“ and works well in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Is a creative thinker and problem solver and enjoys making decisions based on data, statistics, and best practices.
- Is smart, self-motivated, and committed to lead operational change.
- Five years of experience in direct service administration of health care programs
- At least five years of experience in staff supervision.
- Experience in FQHC environment is preferred.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred.
- Professional knowledge of integrated primary care operations. Preferred: in FQHC setting.
- Considerable knowledge of medical home programs with a focus on building and maintaining a system of integrated care that supports patients' needs.
- Considerable knowledge of health care administration, including finance, budgeting and grant management, personnel, contracts, laws and regulations, requirements and best practices.
- Knowledge of program planning concepts, principles, and practices with a focus on building and maintaining a system of integrated care that supports patient needs.
- Knowledge of quality and process improvement methodology.
- Ability to embrace, manage diversity and build and maintain successful teams.
- Proficient in Health Information Technology (HIT) Systems, including running reports. Familiarity with Epic and Tableau is preferred.
Benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid time off and holidays.
If this sounds like a good match for your experience and future goals, please apply. We can't wait to meet you.
We will accept applications until the position is filled.