Care Manager (RN) - Care Management - Part Time
Title: Care Manager
Department: Care Management
Location: Portland, OR
Hours: Part-Time (0.8 FTE)
Schedule: Weekdays, four 8-hours shifts 8:00am – 4:30pm
Shriners Hospitals for Children – Portland has a great opportunity for a part-time Nurse Care Manager to join our team! The RN Care Manager position requires a thorough understanding of clinical, financial, administrative, and psychosocial components of the healthcare continuum The RN Care Manager is responsible for providing assessments, planning, interventions and follow-up for patients and family members at Shriners Hospitals for Children (SHC) across the continuum of care. These services are provided face to face or telephonically to facilitate the creation of and adherence to, a treatment plan and optimize patient health. In conjunction with the interdisciplinary team, this position proactively addresses potential or actual clinical and/or psychosocial needs identified through screening to ensure developmental, level of care and health status transitions are safe, seamless, and coordinated.
Shriners Hospitals for Children is committed to providing the highest quality care to children with neuromusculoskeletal conditions, burn injuries and other special healthcare needs within a compassionate, family-centered and collaborative care environment.
Our work environment is mission driven, high quality and provides great satisfaction to all professionals through the unique health care setting. We are an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing challenging and rewarding careers.
All of our positions, including on-call positions, are benefits eligible. We offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, and a 403(b) retirement plan. Employees who are 0.5 FTE or greater are also eligible for 100% company paid group life insurance, supplemental life insurance, 100% company paid short term disability, long term disability, and a generous PTO accrual. We also offer annual Tri-Met passes to employees at no cost. These passes are good for the bus, max, light rail, and tram. Click HERE to view Oregon’s required Anti-Retaliation Notice. To read the entire Oregon Revised Statutes for Hospital Nursing Services, click HERE.
- Current RN license in the State of Oregon
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing is required; Masters Degree in Nursing or related field is preferred
- Current Case Management Certification by CCM or ACM, or must be able to achieve certification obtained within 6 months of employment
- Current AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification is required
- Minimum of 5 years of pediatric clinical experience, preferably in one or more of the hospital’s service lines (orthopedics, neuromuscular conditions, post burn, cleft lip palate revisions) is required
- Experience with disease management, application of motivational interview techniques and competency in computerized documentation systems is required
- 3-5 years in Care/ Case Management applying a working knowledge of community resources, entitlement programs, and experience working with uninsured/underinsured patient populations is preferred
- Experience with utilization review/ management with a working knowledge of InterQual criteria is strongly preferred