Associate User Experience Designer
About This Role…
The Associate User Experience Designer role is responsible for contributing to the design and execution of an intuitive experience strategy and a clean, modern, and efficient dashboard interface that drives content creation for NWEA's new, Through Year Assessment product.
This position will interact with users and subject matter experts on a regular basis to visualize, define, document and communicate the design of an exceptional experience for internal and external users of our new Content publishing application, while maintaining high expectations and strict adherence to NWEA's design system guidelines.
The Associate User Experience Designer is also responsible for conducting competitive analysis, creating user flows, validating assumptions with users, and designing mock-ups and wireframes that clearly reflect and incorporate users' feedback.
The ideal candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision on concurrent projects and collaborate with other designers in peer design and review activities.
Your Next Challenge…
- Assist with the design of user interfaces and user experiences in accordance with NWEA's design guidelines and principles, best practices, universal design and accessibility concepts.
- Work closely with user groups, subject matter experts, Product Owners and developers to ensure that user experience requirements and product launch objectives are met.
- Collaborate with the larger Through Year product team to ensure that the user interface design works with the technical solution, and to propose new designs within technical constraints that still provide a positive user experience.
- Assist with the design and develop an intuitive user experience that satisfies the business and user requirements.
- Actively collaborate with peers and participate in peer review and peer design activities.
- Perform heuristic and comparative analysis, planning user experience workshops and interviews, the development of user profiles or personas, creation of site maps, development of wireframes, navigational flow or pathways that users will follow throughout the Web site or application, writing of UI Design Specifications, and participating in usability testing efforts.
- Assist in developing user experience strategy, selecting and managing tools, and integrating user experience design into the product lifecycle.
Your Skills & Abilities…
- Ability to work closely with developers and Product Owners
- Ability to conceptualize the abstract and manufacture the concrete
- Creative ability to envision and articulate the user experience
- Ability to work with partners and internal experts to develop user personas and
- Experience with Internet functionality and comparative browser features
- Basic knowledge of HTML and other Web technologies (e.g. CSS)
- Working knowledge of best practices in usability as it applies to Web sites and on-line applications
- Good facilitation, presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Logic and analytical skills
Your Education and Experience…
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in HCI, Human Factors, Information Design, Web Design or related field. An equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered in lieu of a degree
- One to three years' experience in documenting and creating interactive solutions to meet the clients' business requirements and objectives (provide portfolio of implemented user designs)
- Experience or knowledge of Agile methodologies is a plus
- One to three years of exhibited knowledge in developing products or systems, or comparable education.
- One to three years' experience leading the designs of one or more complex application(s) or services
- Knowledge of accessibility and accommodation requirements related to User Interface development a plus
NWEA® is a research-based, not-for-profit organization that supports students and educators worldwide by creating assessment solutions that precisely measure growth and proficiency—and provide insights to help tailor instruction. For 40 years, NWEA has developed innovative pre-K–12 assessments, including our flagship interim assessment, MAP® Growth™; our progress monitoring and skills mastery tool, MAP® Skills™; and our reading fluency and comprehension assessment, MAP® Reading Fluency™. Educators trust our professional learning offerings to accelerate student learning and our research to support assessment validity and data interpretation. Our tools are trusted by educators in more than 9,500 schools, districts, and education agencies in 145 countries.
NWEA strives to make diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA) practices the center of our work. Our organization's mission, Partnering to Help All Kids Learn, is the foundation for our DEIA commitment as we work to reflect, value, and support the educators, students, colleagues, and communities we serve. We seek to empower and engage all stakeholders in the research, services, solutions and products we provide, our organizational culture, and the partnerships we establish with schools, districts, states, and countries.
NWEA endeavors to make www.nwea.org accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call us at (503) 624-1951 or e-mail us at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information. This is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.