Analyst, Illness Data Liaison
REMOTE IN USA IS AN OPTION FOR THIS ROLE
Kinsa is looking for a Sales Analyst to join our Data Team to help craft the storytelling around our illness data while supporting our sales team. This is an exciting and highly visible role, working directly with our product team, data scientists and executive leadership to support sales to a variety of our clients, ranging from city and state governments to illness product companies who use our insights for marketing and supply chain decisions. The right candidate will have technical skills to complement your experience working to synthesize data into concise and persuasive insights via oral and written communication.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders. You understand and thrive working in a scrappy startup environment and know how to effectively balance speed vs. accuracy. Most importantly, you’ll have a genuine passion for Kinsa’s mission, and act as a force multiplier as we enter this next phase of growth in our organization.
Kinsa was founded with a mission to stop illness from spreading by knowing where and when it starts. Our mission has never been more important or more relevant than it is right now. We are leading the charge in the fight against COVID-19. Our real-time map of illness has been featured in the New York Times, on Rachel Maddow, CNBC, FOX News, The Economist, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah etc. Turn on the TV, open the paper… We are making headlines bringing our Data to the fight. We’ve done this by successfully transforming the first device you grab when sickness strikes - the thermometer - into a sensor to detect when and where illness is rising, and communicate with those who have just fallen ill.
With the support of the Data Science, Analyst, Epidemiologists, and Sales teams, these are a few examples of projects you will likely tackle in this role:
- Partner with senior analysts and data scientists to create compelling presentations for a variety of audiences to showcase illness insights and user characteristics.
- Attend clients calls and meetings with the Sales team to deliver technical insights. Effectively communicate data points and visuals to a broad range of stakeholders, highlighting your ability to think on your feet and come up with solutions rooted in data.
- Identify and understand our active user base in particular geographies to support the executive team in pursuit of strategic business development opportunities (e.g., with the Department of Health for a particular state)
- Subject matter expert in new findings in the field of infectious disease epidemiology, especially flu, influenza-like illness, and COVID-19, in order to contextualize our data to clients and act as a thought leader in the space.
- Proactively engage with the data and product teams to learn about new insights and initiatives
- Be the bridge between data and sales. Your customer is our internal sales team who are working swiftly to help bring partnership solutions with our data. You should be able to manipulate data and concisely interpret conclusions to clients.
- Work with urgency on ad-hoc data requests under pressure and ambiguity.
About you/Core Skills:
- Exceptional communicator with oral and written skills. Leverage your technical background and interest in data to put together compelling presentations and effectively present to a variety of audiences
- Bring a curious and creative mindset to understanding Kinsa’s product offerings, and apply that understanding to help drive sales
- Analytical thinker who can break down complex problems using data and technology to help demonstrate value of product offerings
- Track record solving ambiguous problems and thinking under pressure, both individually and in a multifunctional team environment
- At a minimum, you are able to pull simple queries using SQL and manipulate data. Some familiarity with visualization tools is useful (SQL, R, Tableau, SASS, Excel, etc.)
- Looking for an opportunity to come into a cutting edge public health company as a sales support analyst intending to grow your career - this position offers multiple career paths within the organization
- Experience adapting to a fast-paced, fast-changing environment, juggling multiple priorities and stakeholders
You might also have/ Plus's:
- Analytical experience at company where health outcomes were critical to the mission
- Experience in health communication, education, or promotion
- Design thinking concepts or other visualization concepts that drive story-telling.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Public Health, Epidemiology or other technical field.
There are four key characteristics of our team that we hope are traits you have as well:
Be Passionate: The Kinsa team is driven towards a goal that is bigger than themselves, they have a real passion in working toward a solution for a widespread social issue. Our work is stimulating, meaningful and has purpose.
Be Committed: We are committed to our mission. We have a tremendous opportunity in front of us: to change the face of public health and save hundreds of thousands of lives in the process. We are committed to working hard, working smart, working together, and doing what it takes to make a difference. Our time is now.
Be Efficient: We are a startup, and we are proud of our work so far but there is a lot more work to be done. Moving fast is the result of good planning, decision making, and execution.
Be Inclusive: Solving one of the most important public health problems of our time requires a mix of perspectives and approaches, which is why diversity of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical ability, religious belief and ethnicity are all welcome and greatly valued at Kinsa. We are as proud of our differences as we are of our shared passion for stopping the spread of infectious illness, and are always looking for people with varied viewpoints, skill sets, backgrounds and experiences to realize our mission.