Shelter Attendant - Per Diem
Milestone Recovery is here to provide the best quality of services to empower individuals with homelessness, substance use and behavioral health disorders to attain stability, dignity, recovery, and an enhanced quality of life. We have openings in our emergency shelter, and we are looking for individuals who are able to provide compassionate care to those individuals entering our shelter.
Position Profile: The Shelter Attendant is responsible for the care and well-being of clients who enter the shelter.
Scheduling for this position is Saturday and Sunday, 7:00am - 3:00pm. Compensation starts at $18 with an additional weekend shift differential.
Qualifications: A minimum of a High School diploma or GED required. Prior experience related to the human services field is highly preferred. Prior experience with homeless and substance use disorder population is a plus.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Willingness to learn the organizational structure of Milestone Recovery
- Follow and fully understand all policies and procedures
- Make appropriate referrals to other agencies and resources, including vocational, educational, social, occupational, and recreational
- Involved with the process to develop an appropriate plan of care with clients
- Responsible for various levels of care for the client caseload during each shift; meals, showering, laundry
- Complete and maintain necessary records and reports in an accurate and confidential practice
- Arrange transportation to other community providers when necessary
- Respect patient confidentiality at all times
- Attend essential training programs and scheduled staff meetings
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Physical demands and work environment: A physical exam will be provided to staff prior to working. Individuals should also be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time and be able to assist clients with getting in and out of bed, walking and showering as needed.