Senior Backend Software Engineer
Guideline is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our expanding engineering team. You will join a distributed team of 40+ including remote employees and employees based near our offices. As a Backend Engineer on an agile team, you will build upon our growing line of products that bring the possibility of a safe retirement to more people. You will be able to work remote.
What You Will Work On
- Bring modern software solutions to an antiquated financial industry using your knowledge of writing efficient and maintainable code.
- Develop APIs for web and mobile applications that manage sensitive financial assets and important business logic.
- Work with a group of passionate technologists to help automate administrative tasks that allow our customers easy and accessible access to retirement planning.
- Lay the groundwork for further expansion into other financial services past 20,000 customers.
What We're Looking For
- 4+ years of experience building services that support consumer-facing software products
- Working knowledge of relational databases, designing APIs, and security lifecycle best practices
- Familiarity with how to run modern distributed systems environments built with Kubernetes, Docker, and GCP
We understand that not everyone will be an expert in all of these areas on Day One. We value people and will consider someone with the fundamentals who wants to further develop their skills.
More About Guideline
Technology is the backbone of what we do. It allows us to automate many 401(k) administrative tasks, integrate with leading payroll providers, and build affordable retirement plans for the smallest businesses.
But our platform is powered by people—engineers, account managers, data analysts, retirement consultants, and many more. Together, we're creating a retirement platform that puts people first and empowers small business owners, their employees and the self-employed to not just retire, but arrive at a secure retirement.
In just a few years of operations, we've grown to over 30,000 clients and over $6 billion in assets under management—and have raised $344M with top-tier investors.
- Great compensation package + Equity in the Company
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- 401(k) Matching
- 100% coverage of Health / Vision / Dental
- Generous parental leave policy
Guideline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.