Physical Therapy Aide - Back in Motion Physical Therapy
Back in Motion Physical Therapy - Portland, ME
Alliance Physical Therapy Partners is a national therapy provider, providing unmatched treatment and care to patients across multiple service lines. Alliance views every patient and employee interaction as an opportunity to help that person reach their goals, and provides world-class resources to assist all individuals in achieving those goals. With a focus on personal and professional growth, Alliance is seeking employees who have a vision for success.
Functions under the general supervision of the Site Leader, and under the direct supervision of Rehabilitation Services therapists, and therapist assistants. The Physical Therapy Aide is responsible for preparing treatment areas, cleaning treatment areas, obtainment of supplies, transporting, positioning and in assisting patients/clients, therapists, and therapist assistants in the completion of the therapy treatment plan. The technician may also be assigned routine clerical support tasks in support of the patient care process. These functions are performed in accordance with facility, departmental, regulatory, and payor policies and procedures and guidelines. The rehabilitation technician participates in performance improvement and supports program development activities, which includes providing input into the budgetary planning process, contributing to cost effectiveness of services, and maintaining positive relations with all customers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides and supports patient/client care delivery in accordance with established practice standards and facility/departmental/regulatory/payor policies and procedures for clinical setting and populations served.
- Transports patients/clients to and from Rehabilitation Services departments.
- Prepares patient/client for treatment and assists professional staff with patient/client treatments.
- Communicates with patients, families, significant others and members of the health care team to promote maximum benefits from care.
- Obtains equipment, materials and supplies from storage areas or appropriate department, and prepares them for use.
- Maintains therapy department(s) in a clean and orderly condition.
- Performs routine clerical support tasks, which may include reception, telephone, billing, ordering of supplies, and collection of facility/department statistics.
- Provides an environment conducive to safety for patients/clients, visitors and staff.
- Assesses the risks for safety and implements appropriate precautions.
- Complies with appropriate and approved security and safety standards.
- Utilizes appropriate leadership skills in delegating, organizing and educating coworkers and staff.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior healthcare experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.