Outreach Worker I - Per Diem
Our Mission is to provide compassionate care and services to empower individuals experiencing substance use disorders, mental illnesses, and homelessness to attain an enhanced quality of life regardless of ability to pay.
Position Profile: Responsible for development and implementation of the HOME Team Program including community outreach & networking, transportation, documentation and advocacy for each client in the Outreach Worker’s caseload. Positively represents the agency within the community.
Qualifications Required: High School diploma required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree is a plus. Experience directly related to the agency and mission. Valid State of Maine Driver’s License is highly preferred.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Make appropriate referrals to other agencies and persons such as mental health, vocational, educational, social, occupational and recreational counseling services
- Responsible for all aspects of care for the client caseload
- Complete and maintain necessary records and reports in an accurate and confidential manner
- Provide transportation for clients and serve as required
- Attend required training programs and scheduled staff meetings
- Assist with Shelter needs
- Any other duties that may be assigned
- Physical demands and work environment: Freedom of movement on a regular basis. Operating basic office equipment in a normal office environment. Ability to lift up to 50lbs. May spend extended periods operating a desktop computer, requiring hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity; physical activity requires walking, bending, standing and lifting.
Compensation: Compensation for this position ranges from $18.00-$19.00 per hour, based on experience.