Your Talent. Our Vision. At National Government Services (NGS), an independent subsidiary of Anthem, Inc. and one of the largest Medicare contractors in the country, it's a powerful combination. It's the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
NGS Audit & Reimbursement Auditor II
Work Location – NGS Locations: Indianapolis IN, Syracuse NY, Richmond VA, or Portland ME
Primary Purpose: The Audit and Reimbursement Auditor II, under guided supervision, will support audit activities of healthcare providers' financial and statistical records in accordance with Government Auditing Standards (GAS). The Auditor II will gain experience on Medicare Part A Audit and Reimbursement as part of our Medicare Administrative Contract (MAC) with the Federal Government (The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) branch of the Department of Health and Human Services). The auditor will receive training, participate in audit related workload, and have opportunities to participate on special projects. This position provides a valuable opportunity to gain exposure in the healthcare reimbursement and financial industry.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Under guided supervision, participate in completing the Uniform Desk Review/Audit Program on provider submitted Medicare cost reports
- Document findings, prepare detailed work papers and present audit adjustment reports in accordance with GAS and CMS requirements
- Analyze and interpret data per a provider's trial balance, financial statements, financial documents or other related healthcare records
- Gain experience with applicable Federal Laws, regulations, policies and audit procedures
- Respond timely and accurately to customer inquiries
- Ability to use effective communication and interaction skills
- Ability to multi- task while independently and effectively prioritizing work using time management, initiative, project management and problem-solving skills
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
- Requires a BA/BS degree (preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or Healthcare Management), or 2-5 years of audit/reimbursement experience or related Medicare cost report experience; or any combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting principles, auditing theories, or math concepts obtained through formal education and/or work related experience
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Effective problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Ability to travel may be required
The skills/competencies listed below are preferred but not required:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or CPA Eligible
- Knowledge of Medicare Part A Laws, regulations, program manuals and audit policies
- Knowledge of CMS computer systems
- Knowledge of the Medicare cost report
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.