The AC Hotel Portland Downtown Waterfront is ideally located two blocks from the Old Port District known for its shopping, restaurants and outdoor activities. Our beautiful property is located on Fore Street on the site of The Grand Trunk Station across from Portland's Waterfront and is the only hotel in Portland with unobstructed views of Casco Bay. Portland's newest hotel is a short walk to Casco Bay Ferry Lines, The Victorian Mansion, East End Beach and the 70 miles of green space that encompass Portland Trails. Guests will appreciate our modern rooms focused equally on style and comfort. Find out today what a career at the AC Hotel Portland Downtown Waterfront with Pyramid Hotel Group can mean for you!
Pyramid Hotel Group is fast growing leader in hotel management and seeks a strong, experienced leader to grow along with our company, and to be a part of the culture that puts its people first.
We are currently searching for a Dynamic, Hands-On General Manager for our AC Hotel by Marriott Portland Downtown/Waterfront Hotel which boasts 178 guest rooms, 2 outlets and over 2,700 square feet of meeting space!
This is a highly empowering position requiring high energy and the ability to motivate, cultivate and mentor a high performance team devoted to achieving the highest standards of guest satisfaction and exceptional service. We value forward thinking, progressive and creative personalities. We provide the resources, you provide the leadership, inspiration and results.
The General Manager has overall responsibility for the successful operation of the hotel and for meeting or exceeding its financial objectives.
The General Manager:
- Directs the total operation of the hotel to maintain established cost and quality standards
- Drives associate experience - meets or exceeds employee satisfaction benchmarks
- Achieves guests“ satisfaction goals and ensures maintenance and security of the hotel's physical assets
- Develops and updates the hotel business plan and monitors financial performance
- Drives Revpar, Revpar index and Revenue per guest
- Administers company policy and procedures
- Assures staff are recruited, selected, trained, counseled and rewarded to maintain performance standards while “providing service beyond expectations“
- Hands on leadership of team
- Drives GOP, Flow thru and NOI per key
- College degree in Hotel Restaurant Management, Accounting/Finance, Business or equivalent required.
- Proven record as a successful leader as a General Manager showing results of profits in sales and hotel operations.
- Must have at least 3-5 years of experience
- Market experience preferred
- Hotel experience required