Counselor Portland - LADC/CADC - Per Diem
Our Mission is to provide compassionate care and services to empower individuals experiencing substance use disorders, mental illnesses, and homelessness to attain an enhanced quality of life regardless of ability to pay.
Position Profile: A position in which the individual provides the full range of direct treatment services consistent with the 12-Core Functions of addiction treatment as well as the belief in harm reduction all within a licensed addiction treatment agency under the supervision of the Clinical Team Lead. Other duties include screening and intake, psychosocial assessment and disposition, treatment planning, referrals, as well as development and implementation of direct care services provided by the counseling department. Portland Counselors may be tasked with certain training activities for entry level and new staff members for which he or she is qualified.
Qualifications Required: Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Has an active state license as a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC) or Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC). Has a valid Driver’s License. Experience within the field of chronic substance use is a plus.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Make appropriate referrals for clients to other agencies and persons, including vocational, educational, social, occupational and recreational needs
- Run groups for detox clients
- Assess, develop, and implement all aspects of client care provided by the counseling department
- Complete and maintain necessary records and reports in an accurate and confidential manner
- Provide transportation and accompany patients to other community providers as applicable
- Demonstrative compassionate and clinically appropriate care for clients
- Provide services consistent with applicable codes of ethics and industry standards
- Be a willing and active member of an interdisciplinary treatment team
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Physical demands and work environment: Freedom of movement on a regular basis. Operating basic office equipment in a normal office environment. Ability to lift up to 50lbs. May spend extended periods operating a desktop computer, requiring hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity; physical activity requires walking, bending, standing and lifting.
Compensation: Compensation for this position ranges from $18.00-$22.00 per hour, based on experience.