- Sets, guys and frames poles, towers and other structures.
- Installs, splices and secures conductors.
- Installs and maintains transformers, conductors, regulators, breakers, switches, fuses, street lighting equipment, lightning arrestors, etc.; (overhead and underground).
- Works on energized lines and equipment.
- Works with live line maintenance tools.
- Keeps informed on and abides by the required Safety Rules, Operating Practices and codes pertaining to all phases of line work.
- Maintains proper line clearances.
- Trims trees.
- May lead and assist in training others in the same or lower classifications.
- Performs other duties which are similar, related or incidental to this position.
Working Conditions -
Varied outdoor work, involves a great deal of climbing, sometimes under disagreeable weather conditions at hours conforming with the Union Agreement.