MANN+HUMMEL Portage, MI
Job ID: 1555
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the injection molding process and blow molding process setup using scientific molding principles.
- Responsible for the effective launch of new products and seamless transition of current products from advanced engineering to operations.
- Develops injection molding process using principles of scientific molding.
- Develops end of arm tooling and programs end of arm to remove parts from press.
- Assists production with troubleshooting process, equipment, or tooling related issues.
- Actively engages line side production boards to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintains, updates, and audits Visual Work Instructions and Standard Work for operators in assigned production cells.
- Originates statements of work specifications for changes to existing machines and fixtures.
- Attends new design proposal reviews and makes recommendations regarding manufacturability and compatibility with current manufacturing operations.
- Attends layout reviews for new products and makes recommendations for process flow, product assembly, and equipment.
- Performs internal process development of new and existing tooling.
- Reviews the performance of any process changes or machine improvements with the Quality department to ensure compliance with customer requirements.
- Performs revisions to the process FMEA, control plan, and production flow for design change.
- Maintains required skills through training and studying of engineering and technical publications to keep current on technological changes and developments in the industry.
- Performs Investigation and implementation of counter measures to any internal and external quality or safety concerns.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Plastics engineering preferred) or a 2 year technical degree plus 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of mechanics of machines and motion, heat transfer, fluid dynamics and strengths and mechanics of material, injection molding and plastics processing required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.