Meritex Portage Laundry Facility
Park Hotels & Resorts invests not only in properties, but also in people. We attract visionary and collaborative team members who love being value creators. Full of pride and possibility, our team is experienced, supportive, and best in class. Take your career further by joining a place that's powered by people. Enjoy a level of loyalty and comfort that inspires career fearlessness and fosters creative freedom. At Park, you'll find career opportunities as impressive as the world-class properties in which we invest. We look forward to receiving your application today.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES WITH ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Average % of Time
- 30% Mechanical and electronic troubleshooting, repair and installation of equipment
- 05% Monitors public space temperatures, making appropriate adjustments when necessary
- 30% Performs scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance on all plant equipment, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and related equipment
- 15% Maintains appropriate record of preventive maintenance and repairs
- 05% Visually inspection of gauges, dials and mechanical equipment, make basic mathematical calculations, and move and climb on all types of uneven surfaces
- 15% Using plumbing and carpentry skills to attend to building maintenance and preventative programs.
Frequency Key: Never - 0 hours; Rare - up to 1 hour; Occasional - 1-3 hours; Frequent - 3-6 hours; Constant 6-8 hours
Physical Activity Frequent
Climbing Stairs Occasional
Near Vision Frequent
Far Vision Frequent
Lifting/Carrying (# lbs) Occasional (100+ lbs)
In addition to performance of essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based up on requirements of the company.
- To assist with requests to shut off steam, water and gas supplies
- Assist in the monitoring and maintenance of the sprinkler system
- Change filters on HVAC and fan coil units
- Due to the cyclical natural of our business, other duties and special projects may be assigned
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
Assimilates into the Park Hotels and Resorts family PRIDE/CARE culture through
understanding, supporting and participating in all elements of PRIDE/CARE. Demonstrates working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance is conformance with the standards, which may be established by Park Hotels and Resorts from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. This position is a 10 hour day that is 4 days a week with set schedules through the Union Local 399.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The laundry facility will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential function of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Working knowledge of the following systems: Micro processors, frequency drivers, as well as Pneumatic, water, hydraulic, and steam systems.
- Considerable mechanical knowledge of mechanical systems including repair and maintenance as well as electrical, carpentry and plumbing skills
- Knowledge of OSHA safety standards, chemical use and personal protective equipment
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools (drills, hoisting equipment, reciprocating saw, and pressure washing equipment); dial indicators and testing equipment for air, water balancing and control calibration, welding and cutting
- Basic mathematical skills in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations
- Mechanical aptitude for operation and repair of the laundry production equipment
- English language communications skills to communicate with customers and co-workers fully understand job assignments, follow manufacturer instructions and communicate with vendors
Prefer candidates with at least two years' experience as a mechanic in a production facility.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.