Recognized Leading Provider of Pediatric Urology in South Florida
Pediatrix is seeking an experienced pediatric urologist or newly graduating fellow to join our prestigious South Florida practice, to be based in our Port St Lucie office.
- The practice has been established for over 20 years.
- We have three permanent offices in Miami, Broward and Palm Beach. Satellite offices range from Kendall up to Jupiter and Port St Lucie.
- Surgeries are conducted in a variety of hospitals including Nicklaus Children's Hospital, Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital and Salah Children's Hospital.
- The practice has a full support staff including NPs and in-office ultrasound.
- We train residents and fellows and have an affiliation with two pediatric urology fellowship programs.
- At Nicklaus Children's Hospital we have a state-of-the-art da Vinci Xi robotic program and a video urodynamic laboratory.
- Proficiency in robotic surgery is preferred.
Located on the pristine treasure coast of Florida, Jupiter, Port St Lucie, and Fort Pierce retain that old Florida charm. Abundant ocean reefs coupled with expansive inland waterways allow for excellent fishing and diving activities, where there are frequent sightings of dolphins and manatees. Natural wetlands and savannahs shelter rare birds and host part of the statewide “Great Florida Birding Trail”, and residents share un-crowded beaches with nesting sea turtles. Halfway between Miami and Orlando, the Treasure Coast offers easy access to international airports and is less than a two hour drive to Walt Disney World/Universal Studios. The revitalized downtown area of Ft Pierce has a thriving art and cultural scene and is also proud to host the spring training camp of the New York Mets. Housing is a fraction of the cost of much of the country and the state has no income tax.
Effective November 1st, 2021 Pediatrix will require all employees and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
*Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.
Mednax, Inc. and its affiliated practices operating as Pediatrix® Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation’s leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Pediatrix® family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Connect With Us!
Connect with us to get updated job listings and specialty specific news and articles.