ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Journeyman Pipe Fitter.
An Industrial Pipe Fitter will assemble, layout, install and maintain pipe systems on steam, fluid or gas systems. The Pipe systems may include but not limited to: pipe, flanges, supports, valves, gauges, hangars, and angles. Pipe Fitters may work in all parts of the construction or maintenance site including in buildings, outside, and inside structures, i.e. tanks or boilers. The work may also include working in underground (excavations) areas and working at heights of access of 300 ft.
- Must have 4+ years working as an Industrial Pipe Fitter or Pipe Fitter Helper.
- Must be able to read prints and illustrate thorough knowledge of pipe fitting procedures and skills.
- Must have good leadership and communication skills.
- Must be have experience on an industrial construction project.
- Read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
- Identify all tools required for tasks.
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
- Prepare, fabricate, install, and fit pipe to specifications.
- Install valves, hangars, supports, flanges inside piping system according to plans and applicable specifications.
- Perform test to ensure the quality of the pipe and the piping systems.
- Hoist loads using slings, chains, shackles, hooks, cables, and other rigging equipment.
Reports to Position
- This position does not have any direct reports; however the position will work closely with and oversee on occasion of helper and labor positions. The position will hold a positional and expertise authority of the helper and laborer positions.