Variety and Challenge. Growth and Opportunity.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with continued growth and opportunity.
Welcome to TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide. Our retail chains include TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense and tkmaxx.com in the United Kingdom; TK Maxx in Australia; TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the United States; and Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada. In 2016, TJX had over $33 billion in sales, more than 3,800 stores, and 235,000 Associates. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Responsible for delivering a highly satisfied customer experience demonstrated by engaging and interacting with all customers, embodying customer experience principals and philosophy, and maintaining a clean and organized store environment. Adheres to all operational, merchandise, and loss prevention standards. May be cross-trained to work in multiple areas of the store in order to support the needs of the business.
- Role models established customer experience practices with internal and external customers
- Supports and embodies a positive store culture through honesty, integrity, and respect
- Accurately rings customer purchases/returns and counts change back to customer according to established operating procedures
- Promotes credit and loyalty programs during customer interactions
- Maintains and upholds merchandising philosophy and follows established merchandising procedures and standards
- Accurately processes and prepares merchandise for the sales floor following company procedures and standards
- Initiates and participates in store recovery as needed throughout the day
- Maintains all organizational, cleanliness, and recovery standards for the sales floor and participates in the maintenance/cleanliness of the entire store
- Provides and accepts ongoing recognition and constructive feedback
- Adheres to all labor laws, policies, and procedures
- Supports and participates in store shrink reduction goals and programs
- Participates in safety awareness and maintenance of a risk-free environment
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Possesses excellent customer service skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule to support business needs
- Possesses strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at one time
- Able to respond appropriately to changes in direction or unexpected situations
- Possesses strong communication skills
- Capable of lifting heavy objects with or without reasonable accommodation
- Works effectively with peers and supervisors to accomplish tasks
- Retail customer experience preferred
What's In It For You?
As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger, and be part of our future. Apply now.