Comfort Medical, a wholly owned subsidiary of Coloplast Corp, has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager, Revenue Cycle to join our Revenue Cycle Management department.
You will be responsible for entire Revenue Cycle division, including Billing & Reimbursement (Posting, Collections, Billing, Returns). In this role, you will manage the Billing and Reimbursement Manager, establish a department standard to insure quality and timely completion of departmental tasks. Challenge and support the managers and team in their efforts. Provide guidance and clear objectives to meet goals. Work and stay in communication with management and senior management on initiatives and progress. Assure all responsibilities within those areas are in compliance with our HIPAA privacy standards, all state and local laws, our Accrediting agency, OSHA, Medicare/Medicaid, Third-Party and private payor guidelines. Promotes adherence to all corporate policies, practices and compliance programs. Look for ways to improve the department and streamline processes. Keep the team motivated to achieve positive results.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Oversee and manage the Billing & Reimbursement division. Work with the Billing & Reimbursement Manager to set departmental expectations and monitor their adherence to the goals.
- Actively coach team and ensure ongoing talent development
- Ensure ongoing talent development by proactively assessing and managing the team
- Develop, track and monitor operational KPI's linked to business performance
- Conduct analysis of operational performance and prepare recommendations based on outcome
- Assure that teammates are in compliance with departmental policies and procedures and are applying HIPAA and PHI regulations effectively. May audit systems usage and teammate performance
- Assist with the implementation of new technologies, tools or system applications that have the ability to streamline and increase production.
- Review collection issues that impact the team's ability to process work within the department; conduct periodic audits of collection, billing, and posting process for quality assurance purposes and to assure that the team is utilizing most efficient methods for processing of work.
- Work with and support the RCM managers in maintaining good employee relations within the department; supports the success of the department by assisting team members in reaching their potential and meeting departmental expectations.
- Promote the concept of customer satisfaction by encouraging proficiency and pride in the team.
- Monitor updates in Medicare/Medicaid regulations and communicates such changes to Sr. Finance Manager, Supervisors and departments affected by such changes; ensures that staff is properly trained in regulatory changes that affect reimbursement practices.
- Proactively identify and address recurring problems and construct action plans for solutions.
- Prepares reports or analysis of statistical data as directed by General Manager and/or business conditions
- Communicates effectively with management, teammates and other departments to source and collect data; supports the team culture within the organization by adhering to policies, practices and the Company's mission statement
- Ensure employees are performing job responsibilities within established regulatory guidelines (HIPAA / PHI, Medicare/Medicaid, et. al.) and report non-compliant activity to the Compliance Manager; protect patient and company confidentiality in all matters of Reimbursement
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality processes within and outside of the department
- Manage by example by reporting to work on time and ready to work; promotes the company Dress Code by maintaining a professional appearance and appropriate attire
- Adapt to stressful situations and demonstrate multi-tasking capabilities when dealing with frequent changes in an ever evolving work environment; inspire staff to remain focused during high productivity periods
- Implement change in a constructive and beneficial manner, recognizing the need for change and the results of improved work processes
- Maintain knowledge of all regulatory requirements by attending in-service classes and annual HIPAA updates if /when needed
- Other duties as dictated by business conditions or management directive
- Minimum Bachelors Degree preferred.
- 5+ years DME experience preferred.
- 5+ years management experience in billing, credit or collections.
- Knowledge of Medicare and regulatory billing codes, specifically of diagnostic and procedural terminology, ICD and CPT/HCPCS coding systems and compliance rules.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical billing codes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work successfully work as an individual and team contributor.
The job information contained herein will apply to the candidate successful in being hired for the position. If interested, please apply today!
Comfort provides an extensive selection of name brand catheter and ostomy supplies to thousands of customers nationwide. Our attention to detail, unmatched customer service, and dedication to helping our customers live happier, healthier lives are just a few of the many reasons Comfort is one of the fastest growing catheter and ostomy supply companies in the nation!