Yard Specialist-Building Materials
If you enjoy working with a team, outdoors, and with your hands, then this is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door of a booming industry! Were looking for people who dont shy away from hard work and who are dedicated to what they do. Theres no better time than now to join this industry and theres no better company than Kempsville Building Materials (a division of Carter Lumber)!
Carter Lumber was founded in 1932 by W.E. Carter. For 90 years, we have strengthened our company by staying true to our values, which include honesty, hard work, and putting people first. What started as a single lumberyard in Akron, Ohio, is represented today by seven brands servicing professional builders and homeowners across thirteen states with more than 160 locations. Despite our growth, we are still a family-owned company. Our core values and our people-first culture remain the same.
You will assist contractors and do-it-yourselfers with the selection and loading of their order, pull and stage materials to be picked up and/or delivered, help maintain the inventory in the Yard by conducting cycle counts, and keep the Yard organized and clean. Equipment used includes a forklift and if you haven't operated one previously, we will train you and help you attain certification.
- Customer service experience
- Friendly personality
- Familiarity with building materials is helpful
- Ability to be a team player
- Ability to work outside in all conditions
Benefits (full-time employees)
- Health, Dental, Vision (Single and Family Plans) available after 30 days of employment
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Company-paid life insurance and AD&D
- Optional supplemental life insurance
- Company-match 401(k)
- Vacation time and paid holidays
- Vendor incentives
- Room for growth; we promote from within!