As a Senior Industrial Engineer at ON Semiconductor’s premier 200mm manufacturing facility, you will work in a dynamic high paced team environment, supporting manufacturing with capacity modeling, cycle time analysis, WIP management analysis, Lean manufacturing methods and techniques, staffing analysis, and factory floor layout and analysis. You will evaluate existing and new requirements; propose new methods and processes in order to maximize manufacturing efficiency, improve cycle time, capacity and on time delivery.
The Senior Industrial Engineer will drive the following key business processes in the Fab Clean Room:
- Provide Industrial Engineering Support in terms of simulation, equipment & manning capacity modeling, facility design and productivity improvements.
- Ensure the equipment and manning capacity are accurate and ready to support weekly and mid-term range demand forecast.
- To provide Industrial Engineering expertise such as simulation, process mapping and work method study for productivity improvement projects.
- Liaise with facility and EHS department to ensure compliance to safety regulations in factory layout design.
- To develop equipment and manning capacity model for new product and maintain equipment and manning capacity model for existing lines.
- Provide support in factory cost reduction project through benchmarking and Lean Six Sigma
- Optimizing sales and assets (people, machine, space).
- Plan and divert resources efficiently and effectively towards realizing business goals.
- Optimize and maintain dispatching logic for a complex production network.
- Optimize and maintain OEE (Operational Equipment Effectiveness) measurement systems and metrics.
- Factory capacity and headcount planning
- Maintains various Industrial Engineering databases
- Provide support for Manufacturing and other departments.
- Responsible for standard settings, methods improvements, and systems/reports improvements to ensure that valued added work is performed in the most efficient manner possible.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor/Master degree in Industrial Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Management Systems Engineering
- Minimum 6 year manufacturing experience; semiconductor manufacturing required
- Thorough understanding of Industrial Engineering practices, principles, and concepts including LEAN, 6-Sigma and other Operational Excellence techniques
- Project Management skills
- Superb analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills are essential including SQL, statistical software (JMP), VISIO (or other flow chart software), AutoCAD, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Office (WORD, Excel, Power Point).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Required: Other programming skills: Python, R, APF/RTD, etc.
- The ideal candidate should be:
- A self-starter with high-energy and strong drive for accomplishment. Strongly motivated by, and committed to success
- Constantly striving to find a better way and to challenge old ideas (including their own)
- Able to balance optimism, passion, and confidence with risk awareness & reality
- Willing and able to work outside of past experience and ‘comfort zone
- A strong team player, good communication skills, detail oriented, and performing well under pressure
ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ON) is driving energy efficient innovations, empowering customers to reduce global energy use. The company is a leading supplier of semiconductor-based solutions, offering a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient power management, analog, sensors, logic, timing, connectivity, discrete, SoC and custom devices. The company’s products help engineers solve their unique design challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer, industrial, medical, aerospace and defense applications. ON Semiconductor operates a responsive, reliable, world-class supply chain and quality program, a robust compliance and ethics program, and a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets throughout North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions. For more information, visit http://www.onsemi.com.
ON Semiconductor is an equal opportunity employer. The Company maintains policies and practices that are designed to prevent discrimination or harassment against any qualified applicant or employee to the extent prohibited by federal, state and local laws and regulations. By way of example, discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information (including test results), status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, uniform service member status, political affiliation, union membership, gender identity or gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law is prohibited.