College of Education Admin
Working 12 months per year
Posting Number: req986
Idaho Building Capacity Project partners with school and district leadership to create sustainable, collaborative, data-driven systems that promote student achievement. The successful candidate will have responsibility for Regions 5 and 6. The Idaho Building Capacity (IBC) Project is annually sponsored and directed by the Idaho State Department of Education. Services are designed and delivered in partnership with regional universities at Boise State University, Idaho State University, and the University of Idaho.
- Organize & implement ongoing IBC collaborations, institutes, & activities;
- Communicate with school and district leaders to determine eligibility for IBC services and determine school district needs;
- Collaborate with other regional coordinators, other school improvement partners, and the ISDE, Federal Programs Division;
- Provide support for implementation of state sponsored school and district improvement initiatives & activities;
- Develop & provide daily management of project budgets, contracts, & program development.
- This position requires travel throughout Regions 5 and 6 and Boise, Idaho.
- Provide oversight of regional coordination of the IBC Project including the recruitment, screening, and hiring of Capacity Builders;
- Other oversight duties include:
- Identify and retain the services of Capacity Builders (CBs) through a competitive process.
- Monthly collaboration meetings with independent contractors (CBs) around the improvement efforts. The regional coordinator is responsible for organizing and facilitating these meetings.
- Support the work of data collection and analysis for participating schools/districts.
- Provide monthly CB reports and other data and reports to the Idaho State Department of Education.
- Master's degree;
- Experience in current school improvement work;
- Experience leading change in schools or districts;
- Knowledge of current evidence-based K-12 curriculum, instruction, & assessment practices;
- Strong speaking, listening, presentation, and writing skills;
- Finance, budgeting, & computer skills;
- Positive & professional attitude;
- K-12 public education experience;
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- K-12 Idaho public school administrator and/or instructional coach experience.
Please submit the following documents with your application:
Resume, letter of interest that addresses minimum and preferred qualifications, and a list of names with contact information for three (3) professional references.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by March 13, 2020. However, the position will remain open until filled. Salary range has been approved from $70,000 to $75,000 annually, commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Idaho State University!
If you have questions about this position please contact us at:
To view all our available positions please visit us online at jobs.isu.edu
Idaho State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We have an institution-wide commitment to inclusion and diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Veterans' preference.
Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.
ISU PUBLIC SAFETY JEANNE CLERY ANNUAL SECURITY AND FIRE SAFETY REPORT
Idaho State University's Jeanne Clery report, federally required reporting, provides crime, arrest and fire statistics for the previous three years that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings owned or controlled by Idaho State University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies about alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, personal practices, disciplinary procedures, fire safety and other matters. This report can be accessed on the following website: ISU Clery Report