Director of Customer Acquisition
DecksDirect is looking for a Director of Customer Acquisition to bring in new customers to the business. The ideal candidate will have the ability to create comprehensive strategies for acquiring new customers, demonstrating an understanding of the target audiences, market trends, and competitive landscape.
In addition to a proven track record of managing successful projects independently, they must also be efficient at guiding the activities of team members from your department as well as other key stakeholders across the company.
Previous management experience and Building materials or retail experience are a plus.
- Create comprehensive strategies for acquiring new customers demonstrating an understanding of the target audiences, market trends, and competitive landscape
- Implement customer acquisition plans to align with business goals and budget constraints
- Oversee various acquisition channels including SEO/SEM, email marketing, paid social, content marketing, SMS, affiliate and influencer marketing paid advertising, print, and others
- Ensure the appropriate balance between tactics and channels, based on the customer journey, to increase share of wallet and nurture leads through the purchase funnel
- Manage the customer acquisition budget, allocation resources efficiently to maximize ROI and achieve acquisition goals
- Ensure adequate and appropriate allocation of funds to different channels, tracking spending, and ensuring a positive ROI
- Lead and mentor a performance and acquisition focused team and agencies providing strategic guidance, feedback, and coaching to drive performance and achieve KPIs
- Collaborate cross-functional to ensure a seamless customer journey from acquisition through conversion
- Work closely with product, sales, and website team to align customer acquisition efforts with the overall business objectives
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technology, and best practices in customer acquisition, applying relevant insights to strategies and implementing best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field (Master’s preferred)
- 10 years of proven experience in customer acquisition, with at least 3 years in a leadership role
- Deep understanding of various customer acquisition channels (including email, SMS, PPC, other others) and their respective best practices
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in data-driven decision-making
- Experience with marketing automation tools, CRM systems, and analytics platforms
- Performs with a high sense of urgency and ownership over the results
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at once
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Full-time position
- In-person position (not remote)
- Location: Plymouth, MN
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with company matching program
- Paid Time Off
- Yearly Bonus
- Casual Dress Code
DecksDirect is an online retailer and distributor of deck and patio building products. We are committed to Helping People Build Better Decks! We are a company of passionate individuals for life, work, and our customers. Decks provide peaceful relaxation in the morning and socialization in the evenings. Decks are a fun project. We enjoy taking this journey with our customers.
This is your chance to join a dynamic and rapidly growing company with an amazing culture. Come join us!