Requisition Number: DESIG02147
- Perform bearing selections, drive selections, etc. as needed to support projects / customer orders.
- Review product designs for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements and related specifications.
- May perform electrical control design along with generating electrical diagram with full Build of Material for air movement / handling products.
- May perform selections of fans, coils, heaters and other AMU component to satisfy customer specifications.
- With guidance, designs and models prototype fan components and assemblies. Develop test plans and review results for compliance with engineering design principles and customer requirements.
- Capture design intent with spreadsheets, drawing markups, and computer aided design tools as needed. Develop models and detail drawings of fan components and assemblies personally and/or by working through others.
- May assist in troubleshooting engineering design and test problems.
- Research new technology to be used in the development of new products.
- May perform service work and provide customer design support as required.
- Act, live, and behave by TCF Core Values
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- 1 year of relevant experience preferred.
- Able to work independently with minimal instruction.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel and general computer usage.
- Minimum of Certified SolidWorks Associate (CSWA) certification preferred.
- Experience in FEA stress and modal analysis a plus.
- Experience in design and/or test engineering in the air moving industry.
- Proficient in the use of design tools such as SolidWorks, Inventor, AutoCAD, MSOffice applications, i.e., Word, Excel, etc.
- Experience with MS Project is desirable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Standard office environment and manufacturing environment
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds
- Ability to occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, reach
- Ability to work sitting at a computer
- Ability to work with personnel on shop floor.