Vice President Human Resources and Safety
Vice President of Human Resources and Safety
The Vice President of Human Resources (HR) and Safety provides executive-level leadership and guidance to the organization’s HR operations and Safety Department. The Vice President is responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices, and identifying and implementing long-range strategic talent management goals. The Vice President is directly responsible for overseeing the Safety department and manages the safety and risk associated with company operations. Overseeing the company’s safety programs and employee development.
The Vice President of Human Resources (HR) and Safety will report to the CEO/President Michael Falsetti. The Vice President of Human Resources (HR) and Safety will have multiple direct reports including but not limited to Director of Human Resources and Director of Safety.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to define the organization’s long-term mission and goals; identifies ways to support this mission through talent management.
- Identifies key performance indicators for the organization’s human resource and talent management functions; assesses the organization’s success and market competitiveness based on these metrics.
- Overseas the daily workflows for the departments
- Researches, develops, and implements competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs.
- Provides guidance and leadership to the human resource management team; assists with resolution of human resource, compensation, and benefits questions, concerns, and issues.
- Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
- Drafts and implements the organization’s staffing budget, and the budget for the human resource department.
- Support the Directors regarding all Subcontractor job specific Safety Programs
- Supports Director in planning and implementing risk management, safety policies and procedures in compliance with all federal, state, county and local rules and regulations, including MSDS requirements, for both field and office operations, to maximize a safe working environment.
- Act as corporate contact for any federal, state or municipal safety or risk management authority and/or personnel, including, but not limited to OSHA and/or DOSH.
- Manage and oversee motor vehicle fleet safety program and conduct driver background investigations to qualify authorized drivers.
- Supports the HR department and Director of Safety to plan, implement training programs.
- Participates in professional development and networking conferences and events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems.
- Knowledge of DOT laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s or law degree highly preferred.
- At least ten years of human resource management experience required, with strategic, talent management, and/or business development experience highly preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP strongly preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Travel may be recommended.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.