Are you a sales leader and ready to help us drive our business forward?
Apply Now and move your career forward with Airgas as an Account Development Manager in
What you will do:
The Account Development Manager (ADM)-Specialty Gas is responsible for managing the sales process and driving profitable sales growth within an assigned sales territory to existing Airgas specialty gas customers with an emission gas focus. The ADM will be required to meet and exceed both corporate and regional objectives for profitable sales growth, A/R management, and customer retention within their assigned territory.
- Develops and executes sales plans utilizing Airgas’s sales directives and guidelines in order to service existing accounts, obtain orders, and establish new accounts. Qualifies and pursues sales leads.
- Cultivates customer relationships by developing a deep knowledge of the customer’s business and establishing a consultative relationship.
- Engages customers by linking the customer’s business priorities to the Airgas value proposition.
- Provide customers with the engineering, technical support, training, and service for all your Specialty Gas needs.
- Prepares sales proposals bsy quoting pricing, establishing credit terms, and estimated date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of Airgas’s production/delivery schedules and .
- Keeps current with industry insights, current Airgas product mixes, monitors competition by gathering current relevant marketplace including information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques.
- Partners with internal resources to accomplish growth objectives. Establishes and maintains clear and consistent lines of communication with internal departments relative to customer successes, customer opportunities, new customer developments and other customer specific information.
- Maintains and submits sales reports (daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses) as required by District Manager (DM) through SAP.
- Actively reviews and manages existing customer Accounts Receivable balances to help minimize Airgas working capital investment and financial risk.
- Maintain and upgrade selling skills and technical/product knowledge through required training and self- directed research and learning.
- Special projects and other duties as necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a science, business or related degree field required. In lieu of degree, consideration for up to 4 years of additional related experience may be accepted.
- A minimum of 3 years of prior outside business-to-business sales experience to include proven experience and success in solution-selling concepts and a demonstrated history of managing customers throughout a defined sales territory.
- Familiarity with industrial and specialty gases, industrial gas / welding supply sales a plus.
- Knowledge of customer segmentation and ability to prioritize the targeting of customers delivering the highest value to Airgas.
- Proven success using a consultative sales approach providing multiple layers of value to a customer to establish a mix sales solutions and products
- Proven success of using their deep knowledge of customer's business, current macro- and microeconomic trends, industry trends, and potential new business opportunities.
- Working knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Must have excellent organizational, written and oral communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Strong PC skills (i.e. Windows, Word, Excel, email) with ability to acclimate to a PC based order entry system and wireless, hand held scanning device.
- Self-starter; self-motivated, operates with a sense of urgency; ability to work and succeed independently.
- Strong organizational, analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Reliable transportation, current driver’s license, minimum liability insurance as required by state of vehicle registration.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
We take care of you:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more...!
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
“Great place to work with great growth potential” - Director, Atlanta
“Opportunity to advance and a great safety program” - Driver, Cheshire
“Fun people to work with and flexible management” - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability