Process Utilities Engineer, Mid Level
CRB is a leading provider of sustainable engineering, architecture, construction and consulting solutions to the global life sciences and food and beverage industries. Our more than 1,600 employees provide best-in-class solutions that drive success and positive change for our clients, our people and our communities. CRB is a privately held company with a rich history of serving clients throughout the world, consistently striving for the highest standard of technical knowledge, creativity and execution.
- Participate in cross discipline squad checks
- Participate in discipline checks for small projects of intermediate complexity and drive overall project quality required
- Provide mentorship to discipline Process Utilities Engineer I and II and/or Designer I and II
- Lead project system design programming and planning with support from Lead or Senior Engineer
- Develop basic internal discipline design and engineering training presentations
- Develop construction drawing packages and write construction specifications on intermediate projects of limited complexity and with little oversight
- Support of construction activities such as RFI responses, submittal reviews, punch list development, and
- Manage multiple complex tasks, establish priorities and direct the work of others
- Participate in activities which require more experience, deeper understanding or involve more complexity such as:
- Technical Bid Tabulations
- Vendor Package Management
- Factory Acceptance Testing
- Risk Assessments
- HAZOP / HCCP / Etc.
- 3D Model Review & Coordination
- Provide direction for 3D Model Clash Resolution
- Review Functional Specification
The Process Utilities Engineer is responsible for a defined scope of the project such as a series of unit operations or systems. The Process Utilities Engineer is tasked with managing the scope, budget and schedule under their responsibility. The unit operations, area and systems could range from small to medium size projects of a complexity commensurate with the experience level. The Process Utilities Engineer is expected to communicate effectively and frequently with the client to identify the design requirements, translate those requirements into scope, document the open issues, project decisions and actions required to consistently advance the design. The individual is expected to be able identify departures from contracted scope, changes to design direction and elevate as required to the discipline lead or project manager as required.
- ABET-accredited Bachelor’s degree in discipline specific degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience required, preferably in a design firm setting
- EIT is preferred, PE is recommended
- Basic experience with troubleshooting issues with discipline and systems preferred
- Proficiency in discipline specific software required (hydraulic modeling, pipe stress analysis)
- Highly Proficient with performing engineering calculations with limited supervision required
- Intermediate experience with applicable Industry & Regulatory Guidance and statutory building codes is required
- Proficient with intermediate internal and external cross-discipline project team coordination required
- Proficient with intermediate coordination with construction trade partners, vendors, and manufacturers required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
CRB is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Employment is contingent on background screening.
CRB does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of CRB without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of CRB. Please, no phone calls or emails.
CRB offers a complete and competitive benefit package designed to meet individual and family needs.
If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.