Mechanical Engineer, Entry Level
CRB is a leading provider of sustainable engineering, architecture, construction and consulting solutions to the global life sciences and food and beverage industries. Our more than 1,600 employees provide best-in-class solutions that drive success and positive change for our clients, our people and our communities. CRB is a privately held company with a rich history of serving clients throughout the world, consistently striving for the highest standard of technical knowledge, creativity and execution.
The Mechanical Engineer is an entry-level position and performs their job functions under the direct supervision of a project’s Engineer-of-Record and/or Lead Mechanical Engineer. Mechanical engineering focuses on the design and engineering of HVAC, mechanical utility, (plumbing, fire protection), and other building support systems into the built work environment. Typical tasks and deliverables include load calculations, utility assessments, energy modeling, design reports, code evaluations, plans, schedules, installation details, specification and coordination with manufacturers and trade partners. Tasks will include utilizing computer aided drafting and engineering software.
- ABET-accredited Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (alternatively, a Bachelor’s in Architectural Engineering with Mechanical Option)
- 0 to 3 years of experience, preferably in a design firm setting
- Fundamentals of Engineering Exam registration or completion preferred
- Proficiency AutoCAD and Revit preferred
- LEED, WELL, or other sustainable design accreditation or pursuit preferred
- Fundamental experience with performing engineering calculations, and developing and implementing of HVAC, mechanical utility, and piping systems designs required
- Fundamental experience with the discipline code, generically stated preferred
- Fundamental experience conducting field surveys of existing conditions and support of field reporting required
- Proficient with fundamental internal cross-discipline project team coordination preferred
- Proficient at fundamental discipline design calculations under the supervision of an engineer
- Interface with client and external partners required
- Support the basic design and lay-out of mechanical systems in conformance with code requirements and will help coordinate the design with other disciplines
- Assist in the preparation of deliverables and specific project work may include all levels of design such as studies, conceptual and schematic design, design development, construction documentation, and construction administration.
- Conducts basic field investigations to integrate the design with existing systems and structures
- Work closely with other architects, engineers, and designers, as well as other internal and external team members to ensure a coordinated, constructible, and complete design
- Works on matters of fundamental and basic complexity in a support role under the direction of more experienced engineers and designers
- Expected to self-check one’s own work
- May work on one or more projects simultaneously as directed by a supervisor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
CRB is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Employment is contingent on background screening.
CRB does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of CRB without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of CRB. Please, no phone calls or emails.
CRB offers a complete and competitive benefit package designed to meet individual and family needs.
If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.