Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position provides direct patient care in multiple settings (hospital, ED, Nursing home, Outpatient Clinic, etc).
- Computer operation as relevant to patient analysis, result reporting, patient demographics
- Procurement of patient specimens for analysis.
- Inventory record keeping as directed.
- Bench maintenance as described in Blood-borne Pathogen Standard Manual.
- Dispensation of patient results.
- Train new employees.
- Mobile phlebotomy, nursing home, and sick call on-call as directed.
- As directed processes specimens that are being sent to reference laboratories.
- Patient registration, receptionist duties, specimen collection and processing at various laboratory on & offsite drawing stations.
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
- Typing skills of 30 WPM (typing test required at time of interview)
- Anatomy and Physiology, or graduate from an approved course.
- Valid Massachusetts car driver's license and insurance.
- Knowledge of medical terminology (test required at time of interview)
- Written and verbal English skills at 12th grade level.
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant Program/Certified Phlebotomist Program strongly preferred
- Ability to perform statistical analysis at 12th grade level.
- ASCP certification or eligible, must achieve and maintain certification within 6 months of hire.
- Phlebotomy Certification strongly preferred