Medallia's mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world's best-loved brands trust Medallia's Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is “just an engineer“ or “just a salesperson.“ We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia is seeking a People Operations and Technology leader to join our dynamic People and Culture team. As the VP, People Operations & Technology, you will be tasked with the strategic and tactical design and infrastructure of our Technology and People processes, programs, and strategy globally.
This role can be based in the San Francisco Bay Area or remote.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage a team of technology & people operations professionals that are responsible for data and systems support requests including handling access to Workday & ServiceNow, maintaining accurate data within Workday & ServiceNow, auditing data quality & compliance procedures, testing new functionality & reports, and trouble-shooting basic system issues.
- Optimize and maintain all people technology systems and tools. Identify opportunities to increase efficiency, automation and data flow.
- Oversee development and management of thoughtful, scalable, HR processes that balance employee experience with compliance and legal requirements.
- Provide operational support and partner with G&A functions (HR Business Partner team, Recruiting, Finance, Legal) to execute on all people-related processes.
- Partner closely with peers and stakeholders across the People & Culture team to assess existing People programs, processes, and practices, identify gaps and inefficiencies, and drive innovative solutions to enhance the employee experience.
- Translate legal and regulatory requirements into system or process requirements and monitor the effectiveness of control design.
- Manage all HR compliance processes and audits.
- Consult with legal teams and global HR policy, process, business, and system owners to ensure sound protocols are in place.
- Act as a point of contact for business processes and functional expertise related to the employee life cycle.
- Own relevant process mapping and provide guidance to the business regarding technical solutions.
- Conduct working sessions with users to gather, understand, and analyze business requirements.
- Mentor and develop the talent on the People and Technology team.
- 7+ years of HR program management and operations experience in a high speed, high growth, technology-based environment
- Advanced project management experience in handling multiple projects at once with competing priorities
- 3+ years experience managing employees
- Demonstrated experience supporting at least 2,000+ employees, across multiple countries
- Bachelor's Degree, or related equivalent experience
- Experience with leading and implementation of large transformational initiatives
- Strong knowledge of HR practices and procedures
- Demonstrated experience managing remote teams
- Proven track record in implementing and scaling HR processes, operations and systems; Workday experience strongly preferred
- Experience building cross-functional partnerships and influencing stakeholders across the organization to act without having a direct reporting relationship
- Problem solver, able to troubleshoot issues independently or escalate when necessary; sense of accountability and sound professional judgment
- Proven analytical capabilities; experience with large amounts of data and in developing audit reports, metrics, and reporting mechanisms
- Experience building technology and people operations compliance programs and processes
- Organized, extremely detail oriented and execution focused
- Comfortable as a hands-on manager and willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done
At Medallia, we don't just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.
For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.