VP, Global Communications (Remote - US)
Rimini Street, Inc., is a fast-growing global leader delivering independent, third-party enterprise software support services that enable licensees of Oracle, SAP, IBM, Microsoft, Salesforce, and other cloud and locally-hosted enterprise software to extract more value from their investments, advance innovation, and create competitive advantage and growth.
Our mission is to provide extraordinary technology solutions powered by extraordinary people that achieve each client’s strategic, operational, and financial goals. Our people have earned Rimini Street multiple industry awards for exceptional work quality and customer service, and we are proud to be recognized around the world as a best place to work and for our corporate social responsibility program.
We started 2022 with more than 1,700 team members in 22 countries. We are a global community guided by our purpose to provide equal opportunity for all as well as our core values: company, clients, colleagues, and community. We are committed to creating a culture that nurtures and rewards a growth mindset and an environment where our people are encouraged to dream big and boldly shape the industry.
We are actively seeking a Vice-President of Global Communications who can lead Rimini Street’s communications strategy and execution through the next phase of growth from $350 million to $1 billion. The position does not require relocation. Qualified candidates can work remotely, preferably in North America, with location near our Pleasanton, CA operating headquarters a plus. The role will require periodic travel.
As the VP, Global Communications, you will be responsible for the development and execution of Rimini Street’s global communications strategy. Leading our Communications team, and working closely with our Executive and Marketing leadership, you will build our essential, strategic comms plans in support of our long-term brand-building and business objectives, in addition to our current go to market plans. You will support the executive leadership as a communications advisor and strategist, leading Rimini Street’s public relations, analyst / influencer relations, thought leadership, executive communications, reputation management and internal communications functions.
You will also work closely with the Employee Engagement team in HR to ensure that the corporate objectives are met for communications as a whole
This senior role reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and is a tremendous opportunity to make a huge, direct impact on the success of Rimini Street’s aggressive growth objectives.
The Global Communications team is responsible for all our media relations, executive communications, corporate and solution communications, and acts as the integration point between our broader communications functions and the wider business to ensure our efforts and impact are fully synchronized and our messages are broadly distributed and impactful.
The successful candidate should be adaptable, able to shift gears and prioritize quickly and comfortable in a high-pressure environment.This senior member of the marketing and executive teams will be a strong leader with experience across the diverse set of capabilities required to ensure team more than achieves its goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a coordinated, enterprise-wide corporate communications strategy to position Rimini Street as a valued strategic partner to CIOs and business leaders at our clients and prospects
- Partner with C-Level Executives to develop thought leadership and communications strategies aligned with key business priorities and objectives, ensuring tone, voice and method are well thought out and executed at the appropriate level
- Support the internal communications / change management and internal employee advocacy led by the Internal Comms team in HR
- Lead all public relations efforts, including overseeing the selection of PR agencies globally and collaborate with regional marketing teams to manage these critical relationships
- Define and drive social media strategy across all major social platforms to drive awareness of the Rimini Street brand and engagement with key market constituents including clients, prospects, analysts, influencers and employees.
- Lead all analyst relations work industry analysts from all the major firms including Gartner, Forrester, Constellation Research and others to influence their perceptions of Rimini Street and to ensure that they are up to date on all things related to Rimini Street
- Work in tandem with HR with community and employee engagement programs as they lead the corporate affair activities
- Implement protocols and standard / best practices in the anticipation of external crisis management
- Champion and implement the ongoing development and adoption of global standards of communications that will be adhered to across all functions and levels of our business and by all regions, while also enabling strategic localization and customization
- Act as a corporate spokesperson
- Work with HR and global teams to develop the corporate social media strategy and its governance
- Responsible for the Corporate Communications Calendar and Editorial Calendar, and accountable for rolling up all external communications, meeting goals and KPIs consistently
- Works across teams to ensure messages are aligned and coordinated across the organization, share calendar with broader communications and marketing organization for transparency, workload, prioritization
- Responsible for building out the Thought Leadership Program
- 15+ years of progressively senior marcomms experience in global B2B required
- Experience in leadership positions in publicly traded companies with 10+ years of people management experience
- Experience in working with senior executive leadership
- Demonstrated results in leading cross-functional teams to execute projects and corporate initiatives and meet broad business goals
- Expertise in defining and crafting business positioning, and managing company messaging through considerable growth and expansion
- Demonstrated experience leading a high-performance, globally distributed team
- Experience partnering and scaling efforts with global and regional agencies and strategic partners
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and can be equally effective in both formal and informal settings with customers, senior executives, peers, and business partners
- An excellent storyteller who can mentor and train others
- Expert-level communication measurement and reporting, with a clear understanding of how it maps to bigger marketing and whole-of-business outcomes
- Highly motivated and committed leader with senior management experience including setting the vision for a team, driving towards goals, and offering development and mentoring
- Experienced in handling transformational shifts within an organization and the ability to manage the differences in opinions and cultures
- Collaborative and capable of breaking down silos so that all teams and departments can contribute to our success
- Proactive and outgoing with a get-it-done attitude.
- Accomplished range of skills from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
- Proven track record of delivering impactful communications including crisis communications, change management, using sound judgement and offering counsel to executives
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Master of Business Administration desirable
Why Rimini Street?
We are looking for talented, passionate people to help us build our future at Rimini Street. We hire only the best, the most extraordinary professionals and provide the compensation, bonus, and benefits to match the skills of our top-performing team members who thrive in a fast-paced environment, growing together and learning new skills.
Our work is challenging and meaningful, allowing everyone at Rimini Street to start and end each day with a sense of achievement and purpose.
This is brought to life through our core values, the Four Cs:
- We dream big and innovate boldly.
- We work with extraordinary people who create a culture of mutual respect and collaboration.
- We relentlessly pursue solutions that help clients achieve their goals. Our unmatched client care is rooted in our passion for exceptional service.
- We believe in leaving the world a better place than we found it. The Rimini Street Foundation helps us give back.
- The Rimini Street Foundation is a reflection of the values, hearts, and passion of Rimini Street as a company and individuals. We are on a mission to support humankind and share our company success by investing back into the communities we serve around the world through in-kind donations, employee time, and financial support. The Foundation's initial efforts were launched in 2015 in Las Vegas, and while Las Vegas remains our headquarters and hometown, our work has expanded across 6 continents and to over 350 charities.
Accelerating Company Growth
- Trading on Nasdaq under ticker symbol RMNI since October 2017
- Over 2,800 active clients, including 100 of the Fortune 500 and Global 100
- Over 1,00 team members in 22 countries
Recent Industry Recognition
- Rimini Street has received multiple industry awards for excellence in customer service
- Rimini Street has been consistently recognized across the globe as a best place to work
- Rimini Street Foundation has been recognized in the U.S. and internationally with the Stevie Corporate Social Responsibility Program of the Year awards
- A detailed list of Rimini Street awards and recognitions can be found here:
Rimini Street is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To learn more about how Rimini Street is redefining the enterprise software support industry, visit
Please Note: Rimini Street does not accept resumes submitted by recruiting/staffing firms unless specifically requested by Human Resources. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.