Senior QA Automation Engineer
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Senior QA Automation Engineer. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining the automation framework and help the functional test teams to reduce QA test cycle timelines.
You will work as a part of an exciting and energetic team of professionals to deliver robust solutions using a wide array of technologies.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Debug software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products
- Develop an automation roadmap and helps initiate the right framework and maintain the existing automation suite
- Empower the project test teams to do their own automation with the help of right tools and strategies
- Develop, modify, and execute automated scripts and programs for testing
- Maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software
- 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience
- 10+ years' experience in test automation techniques for complex interdependent programs/projects.
- Hands-on experience writing test automation scripts in both Java and JS.
- Familiarity with test engineering tools such as JUnit, Selenium Webdriver, Enterprise Test automation framework, Unix Shell scripting, Jmeter, JIRA, GIT, and SQL
- Experience with CucumberJBehave, BDD, TestNG testing frameworks
- Able to test back end API's (SOAP and REST) and front end UI applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of CI/CD tools to integrate the Automation scripts
- Possess experience in Test Planning, execution, tracking tool
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment methodologies
- Results oriented, willing to take responsibility and accept accountability for action
- Comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis with a high degree of initiative and sense of urgency
- Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to interact with senior management, technical subject matter experts, and business customers are all essential in this role
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER