Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The company is seeking a Senior Manager of Revenue Accounting who will be responsible for providing technical guidance and performing insightful and impactful revenue analyses. This person will play an integral part in the daily analysis of inbound revenue transactions. Their responsibilities include working directly as a finance business partner with Sales and Sales Operations on deal structuring, defining revenue recognition framework, and analyzing pricing for SSP for all products, service and support. This role will also interface with the external auditors on any revenue recognition issues specific to customer accounts and/or analyses performed/reviewed as necessary. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator, a versatile business partner with strong business acumen, coupled with exceptional technical strength that can provide proactive guidance and leadership on deal structuring and project management.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with sales organization, order management team, corporate legal team to ensure that all revenue transactions are booked in accordance with the Company’s revenue recognition policy. Participate in discussions, review draft contracts, and provide recommendations for recognition in accordance with relevant accounting literature and company’s revenue recognition policy.
- Review new products with product management team to establish revenue accounting and implement procedures to process orders.
- Help with implementation of new order to cash billing and accounting system
- Review revenue contracts to evaluate revenue recognition treatment and ensuring that revenue is booked and accounted for appropriately.
- Publish accounting memos as necessary to document the Company’s accounting positions.
- Work actively with external auditors to ensure that revenue recognition interpretations are consistent and compliant with GAAP.
- Responsible for the monthly close on revenue accounting to ensure proper accrual or deferral of revenue as appropriate.
- Maintain and update internal Sarbanes-Oxley documentation for revenue recognition and participate in SOX testing as needed.
- Create detailed revenue reports as needed for senior management.
- Manage and develop revenue accountants.
- Assess current processes and control environment and suggest improvements in conjunction with the implementation.
- Provide revenue recognition guidance & training to various teams in the company during the year.
- Provide acquisition support for revenue related areas including due diligence and integration.
- Assist with all revenue related areas for internal and external reporting.
- Partner with FP&A in forecasting revenue as needed.
Qualifications for this role are:
- The ideal candidate will be a CPA, with strong analytical, business partnering, and interpersonal skills. Strong business acumen and the ability to influence change through written and verbal communications are imperative. Position requires the ability to communicate professionally, clearly and effectively to target audiences. Results oriented. Strong attention to details.
- CPA required, BA in Accounting or Related Majors or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 10 years progressive experience plus relevant managerial roles, Big 4 preferred.
- Strong technical revenue recognition experience, significant knowledge of software revenue recognition for industry.
- ERP system implementation experience related to the order to revenue process is a plus.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.