Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
We are seeking an experienced SRE Leader with AWS & private cloud experience to join the cloud leadership team. The SRE leader will set the strategy and operational KPI’s for the SRE organization and the applications supported by the cloud organization. Partnering with our engineering leadership and cloud leadership, you will work to build our Service level indicators (SLI), Service Level Objectives (SLO), Service level agreements (SLA’s) and Error budgets for our services. As part of this role you will also be involved in customer escalations and will build a close relationship with our customer support, engineering and product organizations.
- Set the technical direction for our SRE team
- Serves as the face of a team responsible for the overall health performance, and capacity of our SaaS application
- Driver of the cultural standard for SRE including defining ways of working, runbooks and accountability across people, processes and technology
- Proven track record decreasing MTTR (Meant-Time-To-Recovery) and increasing MTTF (Mean-Time-To-Failure) and improving overall service quality
- Building teams that are eager to learn, deeply curious and sustaining a culture that attracts, mentors and retains outstanding engineering talent ranging from junior to senior levels of experience
- Develop tight relationships with multiple software development partners, ensuring that product needs are met from an operations perspective
- Define, measure and track Service level indicators, service level objectives and service level agreements and error budgets
- Own and govern the observability platform and tools
- Experience troubleshooting and managing a diverse set of SaaS Applications and internal services
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years in a SaaS operations leadership role
- 8+ years in a management/leadership position with at least 2+ years in management for engineering or operations talent
- Experience in designing, deploying and operating cloud infrastructure (AWS or equivalent & On-Premise virtualized environments)
- Demonstrable track record of driving production impacting incidents to resolution.
- Troubleshooting skills that span systems, networks and code
- Strong ITIL/ITSM Knowledge and capabilities or experience working in Agile Methodologies
- Come from an engineering background in one or more of the following: .Net, C#, Java, Go, Python
- Experience with data analysis and relational databases; solid understanding of application data structures
- Experience with web-based .Net/Java/J2EE architectures
- Excellent Communications skills
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.