About Blackhawk Network
Blackhawk Network delivers branded payment programs to meet our partners' business objectives. We collaborate with our partners to innovate, translating market trends in branded payments to increase reach, loyalty and revenue. With a presence in over 26 countries, we reliably execute branded payment programs in over 100 countries worldwide. Join us as we shape the future of global branded payments.
Blackhawk is headquartered in Pleasanton, California. For more information, please visit blackhawknetwork.com.
The QA Analyst position within the Implementation and Onboarding Services team is responsible for the testing and certification of Blackhawk products e.g. Closed Loop, Open Loop, Telecom. This includes but not limited to ensuring physical and digital products meet card certification requirements, usage of existing product validation tools for product testing, working directly with product implementation and engineers to troubleshoot and resolve test and quality related issues, shipping cards to content providers for product validation signoff, etc.
- Visually inspect test, data proofs, and production cards printer on carriers to ensure key data elements match BHN Specs
- Scan barcodes to capture barcode scan quality with each production run
- Scan and swipe card data into test plans, verify the format is correct and to BHN Specs for C128 barcode, UPC-A and Track data elements
- Leverage product testing suites, utilities, simulators and other test tools to perform transaction tests against both retail and digital BHN products
- Verify products behaves as expected through various transaction tests and product validations
- Perform redemption testing of content provider products as needed
- Visually inspect output of digital product testing to ensure content partner related assets are to BHN spec e.g. eGift renders and look and feel including images, template, and terms and conditions meet brand requirements
- Capture test execution results, update master data records, and communicate with product implementation stakeholders once product testing is completed
- Submit change requests when new BINs and content provider mappings are introduced to ensure transactions process as expected
- Communicate with the product implementation team any failed testing as a result of service provider errors, test environment related issues, or gaps in product behavior
- Collaborate with internal support resources to resolve any master data related or internal system related issues
- Escalate to the product implementation stakeholders any exceptions where product does not meet BHN standards
- 2+ years experience in product testing or related Quality Assurance role.
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – able to present information, status, and issues in English in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent strengths in time management and organization skills with an aptitude toward creative problem solving.
- Strong initiative and flexible to change and understand the impact on the organization and business.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast changing environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or collaboratively within a matrix, 'virtual' environment.
- College degree preferred.
- Exposure to Payments (Credit Card, Banking, Online, Offline), especially with Point of Sale systems, payments gateways and payment processors
- Exposure to SOAPUI Pro utilizing test steps Groovy Script, REST, Datasource, and Datasink is a plus
- Fluent in languages other than English