We are seeking a Product Marketing Manager to lead the global downstream commercial efforts of our spatial product portfolio. This position will report to the Senior Product Marketing Manager and will be responsible for leading the execution of product marketing activities, ensuring the Visium spatial solutions are positioned, placed, promoted and specified correctly. This role will require interfacing with multiple product managers within the spatial product portfolio and marketing program management, marketing communications, sales and distribution teams. They will be responsible for driving the go-to-market and sustaining marketing efforts by understanding the various market segments and positioning associated amongst the entire spatial portfolio. This role will need to consider numerous factors such as intended market segments and research areas, customer personas, competitive products, and how well the product fits with the company's business model and strategic goals.
- Drive a high level of interaction and engagement between other departments (e.g., Sales, Technical Support and R&D) to ensure coordination of activities and alignment on common goals.
- Responsible for competitive positioning and messaging to achieve market share objectives within relevant profitability bounds for 10x's Spatial Portfolio
- Implements and maintains “best practices“ in brand marketing and product marketing.
- Works in collaboration with Marketing Communications to bring new products to market, being the lead on the global go-to-market strategies.
- Ensures market information is acquired, competitive activity is monitored, and customer needs are identified.
- Leads market development activities within specific research areas and customer segments to drive revenue and sales opportunities
- Partners closely with spatial product management teams to gain an understanding of product features and relevance to market segments
- Interfaces with marketing communications to ensure that each research area is addressed by spatial portfolio's yearly roadmap
- Creates sales enablement tools, webinars, support content and other relevant content in close collaboration with product management
- Partners with Marketing Communications to develop key marketing campaign collateral and awareness vehicles to drive demand for their portfolio.
Required Skills And Background
- BA/BS or MS or equivalent degree in Life Sciences. PhD is desired.
- Gene expression, NGS, histology, or immunostaining background preferred
- MBA with emphasis in marketing is preferred.
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in the NGS Life Science industry, with at least 5 years of Product Marketing experience.
- Market development and marketing communications experience highly desired.
- Experience project managing activities with cross-functional teams
- Must be able to build credibility and relationships across functions and levels
- Ability to highly effectively communicate and influence internal and external audiences, using both oral and written communication skills
- High level of organization, multi-tasking, and attention to detail
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability