For over 125 years, ASCO Power Technologies has been pioneering every major product innovation in power transfer technology. Today, as a business of Schneider Electric, we are the world leader in emergency and standby power transfer solutions. We are the Power Authority - committed to providing a full range of quality-driven products backed by a 24-hour nationwide service support.
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Field Sales Engineer in our Northern CA market. This position will be responsible for selling ASCO products to commercial contractors, distribution, and Consulting Engineers.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
ASCO Power Technologies, an industry leader in the manufacturing of Automatic Transfer Switches, Industrial Control Products, Load Banks, Power Control Systems, Services and Solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for a Field Sales Engineer based out of the Pleasonton, CA area.
The Field Sales Engineer will be responsible for the sale of all ASCO Products into an assigned territory to both existing and new accounts and providing a customer service level which meets or exceeds the customer's expectations.
- Identify & capitalize on opportunities for the sale of ASCO Products and Services
- Develops new sales opportunities and addresses the complex needs of customers across all ASCO products
- Track and influence projects from pre-design stage to Preventive maintenance stage.
- Communicate project status to all relevant parties & develop sales strategies to close orders.
- Gain an understanding of all accounts needs & demonstrate how ASCO products and services can be utilized to their advantage.
- Understanding of building electrical distributions systems and how to apply ASCO products
- Participate in local trade shows & professional organizations.
- Identify future opportunities.
- Supply Area Manager with reports on the status of your business including opportunities, problems & changes in the market place.
- 3+ years sales experience of similar products; Local experience preferred
- Knowledgeable of the power industry & three-phase electricity
- Utilizes strong product, competitor and customer knowledge to act as a consultant to targeted and established accounts
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation & communication skills
- A drive to respond immediately to both customers and other SE employees
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications
- Proven ability to communicate technical information to a wide audience
- Valid driver's license & ability to drive to construction sites and management offices required
Education: BS degree or comparable work experience required; engineering degree preferred
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us:
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We're recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies:Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability