Our clients are exploring how Vena can improve their financial processes. With so many choices, they are looking for guidance on the best practice and approach to realize their goals. This is where our Consultants come in. Consultants are responsible for execution of excellence: implementing the Vena product from initiation to close, and enabling our customers for success. We pride ourselves on having some of the best consultants in the industry.
We have three levels of consultants (Associate Consultant, Consultant and Senior Consultant) and our Human Resources team would be happy to find the level that best matches your background.
Why you may be interested…
- You are looking to leave a legacy: We want our clients to value the work you have done well after project completion
- You work well independently: You have the initiative and drive to see a project from beginning and end
- You are looking to broaden your skillset: You will build an extensive and relevant skillset in a position that blends business-savviness with technical know-how
- You love to solve new problems: You will be working with dozens of new customers across all industries and solving unique challenges in budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting, month-end close, regulatory reporting, and any existing business processes that use Excel
- You love to travel: You will be the face of Vena, traveling to customer locations around North America and abroad
What you will do
- Implement the Vena product for our customers, being responsible for report and template construction, data model building, workflow orchestration
- Deliver high levels of customer service, over-delivering on customer expectations
- Train customers on system usage, enabling them towards self-sufficiency
- Support two or three day on-site discovery sessions with customers to elicit business requirements and define project scope and design
- Independently lead small projects and be responsible for all activities including training, discovery, configuration, and quality assurance
- Proactively and candidly communicate with internal and external stakeholders as required
- Manage risks and issues as they arise
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in a Software Implementation or Financial/Business Analyst capacity
- Customer service focused and in possession of superior client interaction skills, with the ability to communicate to all levels across an organization including C-Level leaders when needed
- A proven top performer with a diligent work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile to ensure Customer Success
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel skills and the ability to create complex formulas and sophisticated formatting
- Post-secondary education in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline and/or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of financial processes and applications such as budgeting, forecasting, financial consolidations, month-end close processes, and general reporting
- Financial designation (CPA, CFA), MBA, or PMP
- Knowledge of OLAP building concepts including Hyperion Essbase, Microsoft Analysis Services or similar multidimensional database products
- Knowledge and experience with building relational databases, specifically SQL Server, including the ability to populate and extract data and create stored procedures
- Experience eliciting business requirements and creating project plans
- Experience delivering training
Don’t currently tick all of the boxes? We pride ourselves on our mentorship culture, please apply if this role and Vena excites you!
Apply today…. We can’t wait to hear from you!
At Vena, we empower people to work the way they think. Our cloud infrastructure leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding beautiful web-based workflows and a powerful cloud storage to make mission-critical business processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian start-ups, we’re part of a growing industry looking to revolutionize the enterprise so that people can get back to doing their best work.
We strive to promote a culture and community that supports one another and allows for growth and fun. We hope to inspire and ensure our Venanites feel comfortable to innovate and can enable their creative side while at work.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country which the role is based. No agencies please.
Should you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please describe your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org when making an application and we will be sure any accommodation needs are met.