Shiloh Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ: SHLO) is a global innovative solutions provider focusing on lightweighting technologies that provide environmental and safety benefits to the mobility market. The Company designs and manufactures products within body structure, chassis and propulsion systems, leveraging one of the broadest portfolios in the industry.
Shiloh’s multi-component, multi-material solutions are comprised of a variety of alloys in aluminum, magnesium and steel grades, along with its proprietary line of noise and vibration reducing ShilohCore acoustic laminate products. The strategic BlankLight®, CastLight® and StampLight® brands combine to maximize lightweighting solutions without compromising safety or performance.
The Company has over 4,200 dedicated employees with operations, sales and technical centers throughout Asia, Europe and North America.
Purchasing: Responsible purchasing commitments of components related to the manufacturing process, OSP, and MRO.
Supply Chain Management: Develop and maintains processes and procedures for supply chain management. Develops supplier relationships through continuous improvement processes based around quality, service, and pricing initiatives. Establishes and monitors inventory min/max levels, Develops and maintains supplier performance metrics. Leads CO project initiatives, pertaining to materials management.
Assist the Assist the Materials Manager in achieving departmental goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Obtains quotes from preferred vendors
- Provides analytical data pertaining it:
- Cost reductions programs
- Leads Continuous Improvement projects pertaining to:
- VMI solutions
- Consigned inventory
- Thoroughly reviews purchase requisitions from various departments, assuring we are meeting optimal pricing, delivery and quality requirements.
- Works with suppliers and all Shiloh sites to develop cost reduction, quality and delivery improvement plans
- Creates purchase orders
- Establishes and monitors optimal inventory levels
- Creates and monitors supplier delivery plan
- Creates and monitors supplier performance metrics
- Work with “Obsolete” MRO items to find a method of “selling” them.
- Track delivery of purchase materials weekly to ensure on time delivery.
- Other duties may be assigned
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to negotiate, manage and work effectively with internal and external personnel from all levels.
- Thorough products and industry knowledge of sourcing processes required for suppliers to provide outside manufacturing processes.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and planning skills.
- Strong understanding of production planning and scheduling activities.
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers for the purchasing of materials and outside services, and MRO products
- Understanding of freight carrier procedures and pricing
- Knowledge of lean concepts
- Ability to lead and adapt to change
- Problem solving skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and planning skills
- Self-starter and able to work well without constant supervision.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Materials Management
- Purchasing (MRP planning) environment
- Minimum of 2 year degree, preferably focused in business, manufacturing or materials manage desired related discipline.
- Computer related experience in ERP and MS Office Products.
Additional Competencies, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to work with diverse personalities while maintaining a tactful and mature level of professionalism.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- ISM certification or currently in the process of becoming certified.
Regularly required to stand and use hands to move objects
(Moderate to heavy) Required lifting up to 50 lbs. Frequently lifting 10 to 15 lbs. Frequently required to walk and reach with hand and arms, climb, crouch, knell or crawl: and talk or hear. Continuous mental and visual attention required. Must be able to wear a respiratory. Physical examinations and drug tests required in accordance with state and federal regulations.
The work environment involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving machines in production facilities. Protective clothing or gear such as safety glasses/goggles, gloves and shoes may be required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to hot and cold temperature variables with extreme humidity contingent on weather conditions. The noise level in the manufacturing work environment requires the use of hearing protection. Travel will be required approximately 15%.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. All job functions are subject to modification.
*Shiloh Industries does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to any member within Shiloh Industries will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Talent Acquisition Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services.